Suggest a Petrol Hatch within Rs.5.5 Lakhs.

We have pretty much decided on the Brio. Will book in the next week or two. Thanks to everyone [clap]
Congratulations!

Pretty much the most sensible choice. You'll love the Brio. We have one (my father's daily drive and he is very happy with it). Dont fret too much about mileage. For your usage (500-600KMs) the savings in Diesels wont be too much. My father is getting around 14-15 in the city with it. Thats good enough I think.

Thread Starter #33
Congratulations!

Pretty much the most sensible choice. You'll love the Brio. We have one (my father's daily drive and he is very happy with it). Dont fret too much about mileage. For your usage (500-600KMs) the savings in Diesels wont be too much. My father is getting around 14-15 in the city with it. Thats good enough I think.
14-15 is good enough.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
yeah , i saw this offer,

so finally how much is on road price for polo ? both the first 2 variants ? and do visit a showroom tomorrow to confirm and all the new features or changes the 2012 has.

Thread Starter #38
This is a huge offer of around 1.10 lakhs. I was quoted 5.05 lakhs last month for base polo. Will check tomorrow.

Thread Starter #40
Why donot u checked Punto 1.2 Dy.... Yor family will love it.

10+ ? very low maintainance
The Punto is my fav hatch...no two thoughts about it !! I wouldnt go for the 1.2 but spend extra for the 1.3 MJD. But I think it will be discontinued very soon because of very low sales. Even polo sells 5 times more than punto. Else it would have been punto allllll the way !!

Thread Starter #41
Have dropped my idea on the Brio. The recent Rs 7.50 hike was the last straw[frustration]. Our monthly running is also going up. So diesel it is.

Confused between Ritz,Swift, Figo and Micra.
We are leaning towards micra. people say its overpriced but shouldnt it be actually compared to Swift VDi because it offers power windows,keyless entry and go,push button,music system and driver airbags at Rs 5.90 exshowroom. The reported mileage is also extraordinary.

I really dont know if I should believe the mileage reported. A bit too much [confused]

Or is the tried and tested maruti twins a better option ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Maruti Swift VXI. If it is for your dad, I would suggest a somber colour like silky silver or smooth golden ( Not sure what that colour is called). It will suit his personality and also he would love to drive it around the city. I normally prefer a Getz over an swift, but since Getz is shelved, we are left with Swift. Best ASS and best mileage. Also a superb resale value. DOnt wait, just get him a silky silver swift VXI.

I am yet to find any hatchback which is as good as an i-10 kappa when it comes to city driving.And it has got loads of performance too.
I have an i10 Sportz with the same engine. The performance is far from good and the handling is really bad. The older IRDE engine was better.

My mom and dad love the polo and wants to buy that(the loud thud and solid interiors make you feel really special) but I think brio with safety at 5.5 lakhs is unbeatable. The Polo highline will cost atleast a lakh more I think.They dont care for safety[frustration] but obviously I do so I convinced them brio is better [roll] (just to get them buy safety).
If its 10 years plus, Id say go for Polo. All VWs are super solidly built & you like it too. So don't think twice
But I wont be able to afford Highline version having ABS and Airbags. But I can afford s(O) of brio having both.
The Polo without ABS and Airbags is anyday safer than a fully loaded Brio.

Thread Starter #44
Ritz,Swift all out. They just look too horrible to my dad. Polo out due to high maintenance. Micra diesel,punto 1.3 and i20 crdi in contention. We may probably go over to the dark side and buy a punto [evil] . Not sure if it will be a good decision as fiat drives away from TATA. Else we will go for a brio petrol. Ritz is the practical choice but sometimes I feel you have to buy something that makes your heart happy [clap]

As a satisfied Fiat customer (Uno & Siena), I would suggest the Punto. There's more to a car than resale and A.S.S. Besides that all that Fiat's need is the regular service. They are generally trouble free. Besides that you could also consider the Fabia. Why do you say Polo is high on maintenance. My brother has one. No issues on maintenance till date.

Top Bottom