Suggest a Petrol Hatch within Rs.5.5 Lakhs.

The Polo without ABS and Airbags is anyday safer than a fully loaded Brio.
+1 P3T3R.
I do have the same opinion regarding Polo.
When you are opting for Brio, you must have ABS and Airbags because its a small car.
But Polo is another league when it comes to built quality and safety.I suggest you to TD the Polo(if you have'nt done it yet) you will know the difference in the cabin. Even the feature less trendline variant looks classy and top notch. We had an experience with VW Polo which we drove for around 2 hours. Among the hatches I have driven and travelled VW polo is simply awesome. Regarding the turbo lag in the TDI engine it would troublle you only when you are in B2B traffic. In highways its a good performer.
After Sales Service, even if you go for Swift diesel you will have to pay around the same and take it to the dealership twice a year. VW Polo would be a good choice for long term use.

The Polo without ABS and Airbags is anyday safer than a fully loaded Brio.
+1 P3T3R.
I do have the same opinion regarding Polo.
When you are opting for Brio, you must have ABS and Airbags because its a small car.
But Polo is another league when it comes to built quality and safety.I suggest you to TD the Polo(if you have'nt done it yet) you will know the difference in the cabin. Even the feature less trendline variant looks classy and top notch. We had an experience with VW Polo which we drove for around 2 hours. Among the hatches I have driven and travelled VW polo is simply awesome. Regarding the turbo lag in the TDI engine it would trouble you only when you are in B2B traffic. In highways its a good performer.
After Sales Service, even if you go for Swift diesel you will have to pay around the same and take it to the dealership twice a year. VW Polo would be a good choice for long term use.

Why not wait for the Brio diesel? Your dad will be a very happy man. Stay away from Volkswagen.Spare part costs are skyhigh.And there is no alternative to features like ABS. They help to prevent accidents.So they are indeed very useful irrespective of the car you drive.Do you have a Nissan showroom in Kollam?You have to check that before considering the Micra.And cost of ownership is still somewhat unknown.I would recommend the Punto if you can't wait till the Brio diesel launc.It's not a rocket but it's good enough.Did you consider the Beat diesel and Liva diesel?Is there a Toyota showroom in Kollam?

Thread Starter #51
Why not wait for the Brio diesel? Your dad will be a very happy man. Stay away from Volkswagen.Spare part costs are skyhigh.And there is no alternative to features like ABS. They help to prevent accidents.So they are indeed very useful irrespective of the car you drive.Do you have a Nissan showroom in Kollam?You have to check that before considering the Micra.And cost of ownership is still somewhat unknown.I would recommend the Punto if you can't wait till the Brio diesel launc.It's not a rocket but it's good enough.Did you consider the Beat diesel and Liva diesel?Is there a Toyota showroom in Kollam?

Yes there are both toyota and nissan showrooms. Havent checked out the micra but did look at the liva. One look of the interiors and we were running away so fast [frustration].

I did test drive the polo and boy oh boy, it was the finest car I have even sat in. Everything felt so premium but I have to be a bit practical and so its out(I drive around 10000kms a year so the service interval of 15k/1 year is the same as 10k/1 year)

I could wait for the brio diesel. I am still thinking.

Dude have you in talks with vw guys. i mean are they really offering such discounts.? please let me know ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom