Thread Starter #49
So, the bikes shortlisted now are:
a) RTR 160
b) Pulsar 150
c) Pulsar 180
d) Hunk/Xtreme

Which one suits me and my dad?

Thread Starter #51
I choose Hunk for Reliability, Apache RTR 160 for Power.
How far the Apache will be reliable? I will use it atleast till 2023! That's Why!!!

I choose Hunk for Reliability, Apache RTR 160 for Power.
How far the Apache will be reliable? I will use it atleast till 2023! That's Why!!!
I am again telling you, Apache isn't a very good motorcycle when it comes to maintenance and reliability. Pulsar 150 is way above others in the segment in overall ownership. Rest I leave on you to decide, but one thing for sure - none of the mentioned motorcycle will properly last till even 2020 if you buy them used.

Thread Starter #53
Seems like Pulsar 180 is the choice!
If it returns 43 km for a litre of petrol, wont it give 50 kmpl for 100 rs petrol(1.51 lts)???
Because, my dad has the habit of filling 100 Rs. petrol everytime he goes to the fuel bunk. He is happy with 50-55 km per 1.51 lts petrol.

Thread Starter #56
@Vipul,
What fears me about the pulsar is the rattles and niggles everywhere esp. From the headlight fairing, tank scoops, tail plastic, etc etc. Many of my friends (actually dad's friends) say a big no to pulsars. They say their pulsar's engine gave up at 50k kms itself. One of my friend has a P150 which I usually ride has blown off electrical, an always north pointing broken RPM needle and phased out Speedometer LCD screen.

That's why I think about pulsar has second choice.

Yo Man,Pulsars are from Bajaj and has owest Quality Parts.My Friend who had a 2010 Pulsar 150 had it's Engine failure with all Headlight Dome Vibrations,Dead Readings and also Dead LEDs at the Back on just 16,739 Kms.He told me that he followed the Run-in Regularly and also Did Service Regularly too.Big NO to Pulsars man.It's a Bajaj ! Whereas Things are a Little bit better on the RTR as TVS has better Quality than Bajaj.You can look for the 160 and Who the Heck told you Pulsar 180 gives you 43 Kmpl man ?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Pulsars are from Bajaj and has owest Quality Parts.My Friend who had a 2010 Pulsar 150 had it's Engine failure with all Headlight Dome Vibrations,Dead Readings and also Dead LEDs at the Back on just 16,739 Kms.He told me that he followed the Run-in Regularly and also Did Service Regularly too.Big NO to Pulsars man.It's a Bajaj !
Bharath, I am no biker, left it a decade ago. Is Bajaj that bad in comparison to other with regards to product reliability or the case you mentioned is just one-off? I came to know about TVS, when one of my tenant's purchased a Victor Bike. Some how, but of-course you know better, Bajaj bikes look sturdier to me and as of I know, people relate to Pulsars more than Apache.

Regards

Akash

Yo Man,Pulsars are from Bajaj and has owest Quality Parts.My Friend who had a 2010 Pulsar 150 had it's Engine failure with all Headlight Dome Vibrations,Dead Readings and also Dead LEDs at the Back on just 16,739 Kms.He told me that he followed the Run-in Regularly and also Did Service Regularly too.Big NO to Pulsars man.It's a Bajaj ! Whereas Things are a Little bit better on the RTR as TVS has better Quality than Bajaj.You can look for the 160 and Who the Heck told you Pulsar 180 gives you 43 Kmpl man ?
Sirji I know a guy who killed an Innova in 30k kms. What you have to say about Innova now?

My Pulsar 220 had around 34k kms on its odo when I saw it for the last time and it was running on everything stock(even clutch plates too) and nothing was either felling off nor was nothing malfunctioning.

If one is a poor owner, no matter how much he has ran in or how nicely he cleans his vehicle - if the person don't know how to drive, then the vehicle will be screwed up.

Sirji I know a guy who killed an Innova in 30k kms. What you have to say about Innova now?

My Pulsar 220 had around 34k kms on its odo when I saw it for the last time and it was running on everything stock(even clutch plates too) and nothing was either felling off nor was nothing malfunctioning.

If one is a poor owner, no matter how much he has ran in or how nicely he cleans his vehicle - if the person don't know how to drive, then the vehicle will be screwed up.
+100,Sir.Pulsar 150 offers a good mix of Performance and Mileage but RTR has got it a Li'l bit Better ! You RSVB Man,Try to get your hands on the RTR 160 FI which is an awesome Bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom