Suggest a bike.

Does he need a bike or scooter?

Bike means , unicon / discover have good seating postion (good in the sense comfortable like- not for youth!)

Do not have much idea about the scooter - though mostly people get the activa.

350Z

Core Team
I ain’t a two wheel guy, though. But if it is going to be a scooter, Why not check out the Aviator which feel fresh and looks better than Acitva? Does it also have the same waiting period like of Activa?

honda_aviator_06.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

I ain’t a two wheel guy, though. But if it is going to be a scooter, Why not check out the Aviator which feel fresh and looks better than Acitva? Does it also have the same waiting period like of Activa?

View attachment 8201

Drive Safe,
350Z
In Mumbai, if its HONDA, it has to have a waiting period!
Now-a-days, Dio has a waiting period of 2-3 months, Avaitor has a 3-4months waiting period, Activa has a waiting period of 8-9months!!

But all these are available with local subdealers with a premimum amount(in black!)
The price of Activa is around48k and ActivaDLX is aprox50k but if you want it you can get it on the spot, of course in black; Activa is 62k and DLX is 64k! But if you want pearl white colour, you will have to pay 4kmore!!(ie:62+4 and 64+4 in black!) i donno about other models but I knew about Activa because I have booked it for more than 5months and also enquired with other dealers for the same!!

Arun

Suspended
Now, since you are considering the Wego, I have something to share. Let me tell you, this thing is pure pleasure!! The rear seat is extremely comfortable, even for someone like me who is 5 ft 10 inches. The front seating position is very good. Regarding the engine,, great to nip around in traffic. Pretty sturdy as well. My friend got his Wego in 3 days. Registered later though!

Hi Marun,

The first and foremost thing you (your dad) need to decide is whether it is gonna be a Scooter or a Bike. Consider all aspects on this, both pros and cons.

If it is a bike, I will recommend to pick a bike with more upright riding position, eg: Honda Unicorn and Yamaha Gladiator If he is looking for a comfortable and log lasting model, why not consider RE Bullet 350 ?

Regarding scooter, I have both Honda Aviator and Mahindra Duro at home. Aviator is more of youth bike and if not given proper care, it will start rattling a lot. Mahindra Duro on the other hand is an awesome scooter with a very powerful engine. I myself went to book a bike for my fa-in-law and we were looking for Honda Activa.We also considered the Suzuki Access 125. However, finally decided on Mahindra Duro because of its riding comfort, powerful engine and spacious design. One more point, if you compare the build quality among these three, I would say Honda is the best. But note that you have to put all basic stuffs like side stand, grills ect. at you own cost where are other scooter comes fully equipped.

Check all these models and do the test drive before deciding anything!

Last edited:

AMG

Suspended
Bullet 350[shock]
I think it will be too heavy for him.
And i feel his dad will appreciate a little more reliability and ease of use.
Bullet will also be a lot more expensive than the machines in consideration.
And his dad will surely have a tough time with the moody whimsical kick start.

Thread Starter #22
Thanks for detailed posts Akash, Raj, Ilango, 350Z, Gears, Arun[:D] and shynish.

My father TDed Unicorn, Activa and Aviator. He is comfortable with Activa.
He is also interested in Unicorn. But the thing is he finds hard to put his legs across the bike. So mostly bikes are ruled out.
I'll be going this weekend to TD Duro and Wego.

One sad thing I saw is a guy in showroom who booked his Activa 6 months ago and still waiting. [frustration]
-----------Next Post-----------
Exactly AMG.

I also suggested him this during the beginning. He strictly said no since he cant bear the weight of that big machine.

Bullet 350[shock]
I think it will be too heavy for him.
And i feel his dad will appreciate a little more reliability and ease of use.
Bullet will also be a lot more expensive than the machines in consideration.
And his dad will surely have a tough time with the moody whimsical kick start.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #23
Hi all,

Here is an update. My father booked an activa last week and it is ready now. Will be visiting showroom in a while. Will post pics soon.

Also, I'll tell how i was able to get it so soon. Stay tuned. [clap]

Congrats Marun , glad to know you are getting it soon! Now Gears must be envying you a lot![;)]

BTW What color and are you getting the scooter in J.S.P Honda?

350Z

Core Team
Congratulations Marun. I'm sure many of would like to read the complete story about this. Also share some pictures soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #27
Hi all,

Sorry for the delay. Just now came from the showroom after some poojas.
It was too dark so didn't get a chance of snap.

I'll post the pictures along with the story tomorrow morning for sure. [:)]
Again i am sorry for the delay.

@Cooldhaya
The color is maroon. Took it from Kun honda ashok nagar [:)]

Thread Starter #29
Will post some more pics with TAI stickers soon.

Now comes the story behind the quick delivery.
Past week, My father went to KUN Honda show room near our home in ashok nagar(for chennai guys).

A Girl attended and my father asked for the waiting period for Activa. Now comes the twist. The girl said 5-6 months. I would better put this as a convo. :)

Father: Can you please let me know how long will it take for an Activa?

Girl: Sir, it will take at least 5-6 months.

Father: Huh!! 5 months for a scooter!!! Why so long??

Girl: Sir, Activa is very popular and the demand is huge.

Father: I have been hearing this for a long time. I have a severe back pain and i badly need one as soon as possible.

Girl: Sorry sir!!! We can't help.

Father: How can you say that??? Do we have to wait 5 months for a scooter?? You people very well know that demand is very high. Then why no action has been taken!!! Still people have to wait or what?? If that is the case, I'll head over to SUZUKI to get access(2nd option). They give it in 7 days.

Girl: I understand your concern sir. I'll see what we can do from our side to make it soon. Please book for now!! (Her face showed some :redface:)

Father: Sorry!! This is not a concrete answer. All i need is a scooter for which i can wait not more than a month. Please tell me if you can give it in a month. Else I can move to SUZUKI right now. Also, I will never encourage such a long waiting periods.

Girl: Wait sir!! I'll talk to the manager and let you know. (face has completely changed now)

After 10 mins, Manager called us. Here goes the convo. Father again explained his difficulties to manager.

Manager: Sir, I under stand your situation. But, 1 month is too less for us to get you one.

Father: Hmm... Then I will leave. No use is talking anymore. I cant simply wait for 5 months. There are loads of options outside. I can get an access in a week.

Manager: Sir, The access is not having much demand. So they give it in a week. For us, all the production lines are busy. (Now manager's face ..)

Father: This is not at all a reason. You all very well know that demand is more and take no action on that??? As dealers you should force company to take some necessary step. Simply you should not keep on increasing the waiting period. 5 months is really horrible. I can't stand anymore. I never worry about the demand. Access serves very well for my needs. So, I'll head over to Suzuki now.

Father at last also added that he will not recommend Honda at all anymore to anybody. He also said manager that loosing one customer is equal to loosing 7 more new customers!!!

Manager face turned awkward.

The same day we went to SUZUKI and booked access and went back home.

The very next day, we got a call from Honda. The same manager spoke.
He said he raised a special order for us. The scooter should be available in 3 days.

There comes the surprise. The manager also added that if we pay full amount, he can proceed further.

My father rushed there and handed over the Cheque. He also asked manager one thing.

Father: So, if we pay full amount, we'll get the scooter in a week is it??

Manager: smiled

After three days we got the delivery. When we were about to leave, my father went to manager and asked few things.

Father: You said that demand was high. How come you are able to make it in 3 days??

Manager: ???

Father: Are you people simply creating the hype???

Manager: ???

This is what i understand from the above sceanrio

If we go and make some sound, you get it in a week. Also, paying 5K and booking is useless. Sales persons in showrooms are just to push the dates.
So, If you want to get Activa soon, have full money in your hand and just fight!!! [evil]

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom