Suggest a Bike Between 200 to 800cc

As per my knowledge they are coming with CBR 150R.But we all wish them to launch CBR600 RR in India,it will definitely be my next upgrade over Unicorn,if not for anything just for its sound,pure bliss.:biggrin:

Xover i heard Honda has already opened booking for CB150R, not sure of CBR600R..
Yes priced pretty exorbitantly at Rs 1,16,000.Too much if you would ask me for a 150 cc.BTW you are not in any mood to TD any of the following bikes right?Judge by this smiley what I feel about your decision of delaying test rides[anger][anger].

Thread Starter #20
oh my my! Am i going to incur the wrath of Xover ? If it helps ill consider a bike if Tata launches one ?
Seriously though i am limited by the choice available currently against the after sales they provide, i heard the other day triumph will be setting up a plant somewhere in karnatake for bike manufacturing. I hope some of the other biggies also get serious about manufacturing bikes in india.
Its lame to buy a Ducati and then end up with no after sales whatsoever.
At the moment my guess is only Honda and Kawasaki(Bajaj) can provide a decent level of service, but alas they dont have a naked bike in their line up - So i am kind of waiting and watching.
I would start taking test rides in the coming months (starting May).

oh my my! Am i going to incur the wrath of Xover ? If it helps ill consider a bike if Tata launches one ?
Oh my my!Why did Iron Rock only knew about Xover's wrath only now?Had he known before perhaps he might would have procured a tiger(Aria) rather than cheeta[lol]

I would start taking test rides in the coming months (starting May).
On a serious note I will wait for your decision as it may help me during my future upgrade.BTW I am really impressed by KTM Duke in terms of its look.Are you?

Thread Starter #22
Oh my my!Why did Iron Rock only knew about Xover's wrath only now?Had he known before perhaps he might would have procured a tiger(Aria) rather than cheeta[lol]

On a serious note I will wait for your decision as it may help me during my future upgrade.BTW I am really impressed by KTM Duke in terms of its look.Are you?
Well, you know that i did consider the Aria seriously, but trust me at 13 lakhs on road the W8 made much more sense for me personally.[:)]

Well the KTM Duke looks good, but one thing i gathered from the Overdrive road test is it has the stiffest suspension amongst all Indian bikes, now i know its offroad/onroad kind of thing, but a stiff suspension is putting me off. Ill rather wait for some more reviews to come out before i come to some conclusion.

Btw saw the impulse in flesh yesterday, i was a bit appalled at the quality/finishing of the bike, may be i was over expecting but its quality i felt is no greater than an entry level bike. I never considered it in my list nevertheless.

Hmmm. what a great coincidence.THE XOVER also checked Impulse in person yesterday and was he disappointed? NOPE,why? Well I always knew that at 70,000 ex showroom you are not going to get any better(read powerful) bike with better quality.I think if someone is looking to have fun by not spending too much then it makes perfect sense,though one needs to be around 6 foot tall to ride this lanky bike comfortably.Any less,well then you need to skip your morning strech class since the bike will ensure that you do that freequently while coming to hault.[;)]

Hmmm. what a great coincidence.THE XOVER also checked Impulse in person yesterday and was he disappointed? NOPE,why? Well I always knew that at 70,000 ex showroom you are not going to get any better(read powerful) bike with better quality.I think if someone is looking to have fun by not spending too much then it makes perfect sense,though one needs to be around 6 foot tall to ride this lanky bike comfortably.Any less,well then you need to skip your morning strech class since the bike will ensure that you do that freequently while coming to hault.[;)]
Majority of us Dirt riders come in pint sizes and we still kick some dirt around, Dont we?[;)] More over the Impulse is not as tall as an all out motocrosser either. It sure is a fun bike and well worth the price.

Well,after one and all and reading and observing this thread,Rock buddy,I'd advise you to spare some more cash and go for the Suzuki Bandit.This is the bike which will satisfy all your needs(my personal experience).This bike has no fairing,is a fantastic cruiser and has got enough performance to plant a wicked grin on your face.
Else make a slight compromise and go for the Ninja 650,only issue with this bike is that you will have to live with the fairing,rest everything is going to make you happy.
Rest I can bet that these CBR 250 etc etc can never satisfy you.

Thread Starter #26
Majority of us Dirt riders come in pint sizes and we still kick some dirt around, Dont we?[;)] More over the Impulse is not as tall as an all out motocrosser either. It sure is a fun bike and well worth the price.
Jalex mate as you are the dirt riders kind, you should think about the KTM [:)] (not impulse please)

Jalex mate as you are the dirt riders kind, you should think about the KTM [:)] (not impulse please)
If you are referring to the KTM Duke 200, Then its sore foot is that it cant be taken for serious off-roading like the Impulse.(The Impulse is a bit too under-powered for my liking none the less.) Its essentially a street bike which has awesome dynamics and a motor to compliment it. And yes the KTM is also on my mind[:)]

What is the price of Suzuki Bandit? Also what's its displacement?
Its 9,50,000/- Ex Showroom Delhi and 1255cc.

I had thought of the Bandit before, But it was out of Iron Rock's mileage( The Bandit gives around 15Kmpl) and displacement requirements.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30
Its 9,50,000/- Ex Showroom Delhi and 1255cc.

I had thought of the Bandit before, But it was out of Iron Rock's mileage( The Bandit gives around 15Kmpl) and displacement requirements.
ahh alas...i am bit insistent on the mileage aspect, if we can have decently fast cars giving 14-15kmpl(if driven reasonably) - why cant a bike give atleast 25kmpl if ridden diligently and with no pillion - i fully agree to see a single digit number when wringed hard, but under easy driving the bikes should do better.

some might argue if you are willing to plonk in 10 lakhs for a bike why bother about average , but my point is why not ?

Top Bottom