Subwoofer in Parcel Tray

Thread Starter #1
hi guys,
while i was setting idle . thought came to my mind why don't people install subwoofer in parcel tray instead sealed box of subwoofer in sedan boot .

can't we try something like this fibre stuff on tray [thinking]

So please share your knowledge .

See what I understand is the quality of output you get in Box wouldn't be there in parcel tray. However I have seen many cars with subwoofer in parcel tray but not yet experienced the sound quality.

i also think because the parcel tray would wobble/vibrate. that would cause irratation.
Spot on Archit, thats the major reason why the installation is not done on the parcel trays. With the heavy bass, the tray will develop rattles. Further more most of these OE trays wont be able to withstand the weight of the amplifier, woofer etc.

+1 to Akash many installers i know say the same. The parcel tray will rattle and will not be able to withstand the weight. Of course you can change the parcel tray too but i feel having a sub-woofer in the parcel tray will be a nightmare for passengers sitting at the back! The effect will be too much for them to bare! But the BOOM will be heard outside more if placed in parcel tray , i have seen few cars.

I think Ilango again will be the best man to answer this.

That is the punto which i did!!!

subwoofer are needed for 2 purpose mainly
One for pure music
one is for show off

Bigger the volume of the box , bigger the boom , unbalanced boom ,perfect show off heavy the head ache as the volume.
the parcel tray fitments will eat up entire boot as volume.

Each subwoofer have specific volume to be build.
35 to 40 cu.ft produce a good natural boom ,

also the whole parcel tray need to be changed to better one in wood to fix sub in parcel tray .
After all this modification , hmm you are buying a headache .

Thread Starter #8
i don't want subwoofer in parcel tray just to show off but yes for Boom Boom [evil] . Actually i carry stuff which weight around 40-200KG . so by any chance these stuff hit subwoofer in boot thanks to indian road which has lot of path hole . i don't want to speed money again on it . i lost my last subwoofer same way that's why this time i went for bigger box but it has taken lot of space which i want to avoid in my next car that is fiesta or verna

Nah never go for a subwoofer in parcel tray in any car. IMO it really be too much for the passengers sitting at the rear.

If its going to be a sedan , you can have one subwoofer in the boot , the boot will still be large enough to take few things.

There is a big advantage of subwoofers on the parcel tray though,get the person whom you hate the most to sit on the back seat and bleed his ears to death[;)]

Thread Starter #11
Nah never go for a subwoofer in parcel tray in any car. IMO it really be too much for the passengers sitting at the rear.

If its going to be a sedan , you can have one subwoofer in the boot , the boot will still be large enough to take few things.
i want to avoid because of these item see in pic . you will see some die near my bag . they already damaged my previous subwoofer so this time i went for bigger box

is there way i can protect my subwoofer in boot

There is a big advantage of subwoofers on the parcel tray though,get the person whom you hate the most to sit on the back seat and bleed his ears to death[;)]
rofl [lol] yup we can always use it that way .

Last edited:
is there way i can protect my subwoofer in boot
Definitely yes

there is closed enclosure called band pass subwoofers ( see BOSE acoustimas)
JBL-GTO-1214BP.jpg

else cover the woofer with thick steel grill or mesh.
02.jpg
03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom