Sub Recommendations in Rs.5 - 10K Range

Thread Starter #1
Car Make: 2010 Zen Estillo

City: Bangalore

Genre Preference: Bollywood/Punjabi Pop/English Pop

Artist/Band Preference: Gurdas Mann, Honey Singh and other Punjabi Pop singers, Boy bands of 2000s (Backstreet boys, Boyzone, etc).

Your intended goal: Clarity with clear deep bass. Not boomy or loud bass but natural and balanced.

Existing Equipment: Kenwood U449 Head Unit, Kenwood M846 amplifier having 4 channels, Rockford Fosgate Prime components for front. The amp is capable of providing 60WattsRMS x 2ch + 180Watts RMS x 1ch at 4 Ohms.

Budget: Total 5 - 10K (including subwoofer, enclosure, wiring)

Equipment needed: One 12" subwoofer. I can also consider a 10" sub. I'll also need a grill to protect the sub from damages.

Any other specific requirement: None

As is clear from the above I need a sub-woofer for my Zen Estilo. I've heard RockFord Fosgate's Prime sub (R1) and liked it, so would be happy to have that. I enquired with Mr. Rana from Driven who informed me that RF R1 is not available since long. Instead, he suggested me a Kicker (124) for 9K (including enclosure, wiring).
Since, I'm currently in Bangalore I've enquired with some well known installers here. I've been suggested the following

RF Punch, Focal Auditor Series, Cerwin Vega HED series: Rs. 7-9K (including enclosure, wiring)
RF Prime R1 - Rs. 3840, enclosure extra
RF Prime R1 with enclosure (company made) - Rs. 7500
Hertz ES 300 - 9750, 3.5K for enclosure and 1K for wiring. This particular installer suggested "RF ain't good these days"
Kicker 124 - Rs. 9K

Like already mentioned, out of the subs mentioned above, I've auditioned RF R1 only and that too 4 years back.

So, dear friends what could be a good and affordable sub in my price range? And what could be the break of enclosure and wiring expenses? Rs. 3.5K for a ~9K sub is a bit too much.

Thank you!
Sukhjinder

Sorry for my poor doubt. Arent these RF Prime R1,Kicker 124 etc are just 150W rms? Why not get a Pioneer - TS-W310D4 Champion Series Sub with 400W rms for 4.5k( only for sub) than getting a 150W sub for 9k?[roll][thinking]

Driven and Motor Concepts are chors.. nothing else. Best avoided!! They take out your moolah in the name of quality, whereas its just cosmetic..qualitative wise nothing!!

Thread Starter #4
Sorry for my poor doubt. Arent these RF Prime R1,Kicker 124 etc are just 150W rms? Why not get a Pioneer - TS-W310D4 Champion Series Sub with 400W rms for 4.5k( only for sub) than getting a 150W sub for 9k?[roll][thinking]
A 400W sub will require an amp which can power it appropriately. I have an amp which can provide 180W RMS in bridged mode. Buying another amp would have added to the final cost.

Anyways I met Satya from EVO, Bangalore and installed Focal Auditor RIP 300P sub (~6.2K) with enclosure (~1.5K), local grill (Rs.350) and the remaining for the wiring. The final cost was Rs. 9350.

I'm content with my current set up.....for now.... :)

Thread Starter #5
Driven and Motor Concepts are chors.. nothing else. Best avoided!! They take out your moolah in the name of quality, whereas its just cosmetic..qualitative wise nothing!!
I had a different experience with Driven. I got to audition 3 components in my car before finalizing on one. This greatly helped me decide which one to buy. I'm not sure how many installers provide this option (demo in your own car).
Driven may charge you a bit more than others but the kind of products adviced by them are good. They first understand what kind of music you listen to and then suggest you products accordingly. I went to Lajpat nagar also to see what I can get. I was getting products which were cheaper but not of good quality (Amplifier by a company named SoundBarrier [roll]). Also nobody suggested that I should go for components for clarity, etc..

Top Bottom