Strange Smell From Air Conditioner

Bad Smell

My car is about 4 months old, when I enter the car it smells nice and fresh.

But when I switch on the AC it smells like urine (piss). Not kidding it really smells of it.

Any idea whats happening guys.

Thanks

Re: Bad Smell

My car is about 4 months old, when I enter the car it smells nice and fresh.

But when I switch on the AC it smells like urine (piss). Not kidding it really smells of it.

Any idea whats happening guys.

Thanks
what car is that? Is there lot of rats where you park? You might need to check any leak in ac gas.

what car is that? Is there lot of rats where you park? You might need to check any leak in ac gas.
It is an i10, got the car serviced 2 months ago, so no leak then. Very few rats, but the ones are very big ones. No other rat damage visible.

Its just 4 months old. Take it to ASS and show them. They shall be able to help you free of cost. Also check the area where you park your car

This has happened to me on my alto 800. Rats entered the AC vents and unrinated inside it. The whole AC system was serviced and AC gas refilled.

car is almost brand new, will fungus come so quickly, if so what do I do.

Yup smell goes after a few minutes.
Check the AC evaporator coils as the condensation on it allows the bacteria to remain damp, which can cause smells.By cleaning the coil and AC filter ,it may remove the bad smell.
But this problem is recurring one. After sometime again it will resurface.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions, I did think of rats but the rats here are as big as small cats, and I did not see any rat droppings or any liquid (urine) smell around the car.

All you have to do is run the blower with A/C switched off for 5 mins before you turn off your engine. THis will eliminate the moisture in blower system and will not smell so. I follow this in my cars, if dont i too get some foul smell.
This is all due if we are in humid climate near to coast

Top Bottom