Strange Habits of Car Lovers

zengetz

Suspended
Great list dude ! One of the things I do to add here is when I go shopping with my wife to one of those bling bling markets (With great reluctance ofcourse :) ), is to avoid the crowded market place, I park the car a few km away and take an Auto [lol]

All the caring goes to toilet when you have Kids in your car . Yours one and two of the relatives.!!!

My car would be dirtiest with finger print marks on Stock seat cover (I should have put a seat cover but too late) it has become mini indoor playground as of now.

to add.

coming out of car and checking all four wheels suddenly on bit of lone some highway..leaving family members and passerby scared (because,heard a small thud back in city while crossing that junction).

You get a new friend and first thing you are curious about is if he is also interested in cars and travelling ?

keep lurking in accessory shop and ebay for something unique and unavoidable accessory.

open the bonnet and look at the engine as if never saw it before plus check the engine oil like a pro .

the car next to you in traffic is same brand and same model but still you convince yourself that yours is better make and well maintained.

remain confused which is the best fragrance for car .

Double check triple check if all doors are locked and still move away with a doubt.

Keep counting the minor scratches and marks on the exterior.

zengetz

Suspended
After washing the car immediately call every one at home insisting to have a look as if you just got it from the showroom.

I love this thread too. [:D]

Almost all you mentioned are true in my case too. Differ with few points and listed below.

4. Switch off the ac in peak traffic. - Not really, unless it's a long wait or engine to be switched off.

6. Refuse to take the car out again once it has been parked for the day. - Nope. Like to take her out anytime

8. Not giving lift to a stranded colleague - Heights Surely not.

10. Not switching on too many electrical accessories simultaneously ("Why can't we have both the stereo and the ac switched on at the same time?") - No way. When I am in, both AC & Music System are "ON" by default.

13. Not taking the car out during peak traffic to avoid scratches ("It's so hot...why are we taking the bike when we can take the car?") - Can't help it.

16. NEVER allowing anyone to eat anything inside the car ("man, you're so mean!"). - Nope. I will probably spend some more time to clean it the next day.

21. Refuse to keep a car wash guy ("why do have to wash the car yourself everyday?"). - 100%. I am one of these [clap]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of the best threads ! i do the following things,

3. Get inside bum first, with both legs dangling outside the car, bang both heels together (Nazi salute style) to get rid of shoe dust and only then pull both feet inside.

6. Refuse to take the car out again once it has been parked for the day.

7. Wash the car and polish it even though it's raining outside ("Oi, why are you doing this, it will get dirty again the moment you take it outside").

9. Never rolling down the windows, irrespective of the weather. Never. Ever. ("Yaar...why don't you roll down the windows and let the air in?")

19. Polish the window beadings with dashboard shiner ("huhhh....what are you doinggggg?")

20. Keep staring at the just washed-and polished car without a worry in the world.

i am always given a strange look when my family members spot me cleaning the under body, wheel arches, and the tread pattern of the tyres.!:tongue:

As you mentioned points above I turned so many friends to enemies due to the over care of my car and refused to give the key to anyone [frustration]

Me to follow the same as said above.
Search for some unique accessories, usually some amount of every month salary kept for car. Can't stop this..

No kids to be around the car with their cycles,toys,etc.

When there is only one co-passenger with me, they are not allowed to sit in the rear seat (I am not an driver !!!)

Check whether the car is locked while going out, though it is parked there from a week..

When there is only one co-passenger with me, they are not allowed to sit in the rear seat (I am not an driver !!!)
And why this peculiar style, i know people get scared with your driving habits a?[:D]

Check whether the car is locked while going out, though it is parked there from a week..
LOLZ[clap] Too much caring (OT: More than your GF?)[;)]

350Z

Core Team
There are a few things which have unknowingly developed as a habit of mine:

- Never allowing anyone to close the doors too loud.

- Dusting off the shoes before entering inside the car.

- Checking handles manually in spite of locking doors with remote.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Almost 99% of the things said above matches with me.

A small sickness to car , its rectified then and there.

If the sickness develop on evening or Saturday night , then I dont get a proper sleep

Me to follow the same as said above.
Search for some unique accessories, usually some amount of every month salary kept for car. Can't stop this..
I get bankrupt every month due to this same habit[anger].

+1000. I dont even let my senior sit at back when we 2 are alone in the car.[lol]

Drive Safe,
350Z
Add to it, scolding furiously if some one does so.

ilango[speed thirst];140103 said:
Bankrupt and happy all due to cars , strange but true.[evil]
+1. I also do the same and attract adverse comments from my wife.[lol] Closing the doors loudly also raise my anger.

- Checking handles manually in spite of locking doors with remote.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Count me in for that.

Ha Ha, Is my driving so bad ?? [confused
Not bad its called an enthusiastic driving, in fact i enjoyed you driving when we were in the meet. And overjoyed especially when you braked hard with that chicken crossing[lol]

Yes my GF ! My Maruti [:D]
[clap]

Top Bottom