Strange Habits of Car Lovers

- Checking handles manually in spite of locking doors with remote.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Good one Vibhor Bhai. This is a typical Indian style and I guess, almost everyone around does it. Perhaps, Key Less Entry is of no use at times.

Even more, I have seen some pressing the "Lock" button in the remote more than once[clap] To ensure it's double locked???

The more i read the more i recollect:

- Keep pestering my dad and vice versa to take the hold of the steering wheel.(Finally i win)

- Pounce on the driver's seat before anyone enters only my car.

Here is one more.

Giving PAT on Bonet or Boot after a long drive.

This is just to say thanks to car for having GOOD & SAFE enjoyable drive [:)][:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually check all the doors after locking the car and first thing in the morning when i come to my car, i take a full round to see if everything is okay.[:D]

Few from my end -

1. Do not allow any one (including my wifee) to adjust settings on my HU. I hate people who directly touch my deck.
2. If my travel is more than 5+ Kms & that too very needed then only I will use my car else prefer 2 wheeler
3. Maintain records of service & petrol along with minute details. Like kms/ which petrol pump what rates etc etc

Addition to above once I had a good big mess with a mechanic. I had washed & wax my car & was near this garage. He came with his dirty hands touched the bonnet to feel the smoothness. But he forgot that his hands is full of greese & same was marked on my fresh bonnet. I showed him the real anger

I keep wanting to take down the wall blocking my room and the garage, so i can wake up to it. Maybe a rotating platform if its not too much [evil]

Co-passenger using remote to operate the stereo as if its placed a quarter mile! (my exp)
Lol thats true i have had some people do that,but i use remote some times as i dont want to lean forward(seat belt on always) to fiddle with the headunit & i dont have to look at the remote since the huge buttons are easy to find & remote usually sits near hand brake,

but one strange thing i do with my remote is get out of the car close the door & increase the volume standing outside the car to check if any bass is heard outside the sound dampened car ,as i dont want to announce myself to people at traffic signals when there is a concert in my car [:)]

One important point I (we) forgot.
I have a habbit to check my FE figures every time & even if it comes low even by a KM I get really annoyed

My small list[cheers]

• Parking the car & taking pictures of it
  • Turn the steering wheel a bit more and again take pictures (from same angle)
  • Double & Sometimes triple check all the door handles, to see if they are locked
  • Place stones/bricks in front of tyres, once the car is parked with handbrake & in gear!
  • Noting down the number of the car ahead/next to you if it is parked in a tight space (just to catch the guy/lady in case he manages to scratch and get away in a tight spot)
  • turning the steering wheel with one hand (sometimes painfully) with a big smile in the face (no power steering here[:D])
  • Not allowing any dog to smell/litter around the car or wheels - sometimes verbally warning them
  • A BIG NO TO TAKING PHOTOS WITH LEGS ON THE WHEEL/ BUMPER (remember the TOPGEAR episode of the Ford focus joining the US Army)

open the bonnet and look at the engine as if never saw it before plus check the engine oil like a pro .
I just cant avoid doing this everytime I take out my car[lol]

Last edited by a moderator:
- Turn on the warning lights when i park in front of "No parking sign"Thinking that cops will let me off, but the real story is when i spot the towing van i am not in the scene.[;)]

- Constantly checking out the fuel bars when driving.

Top Bottom