Stories of New Inventions from Wrecked Car Parts

Thread Starter #1
Hi TAI Mods,

This is my first thread on TAI, feels great, I searched the forum for a thread on the same but couldn't find it, so wanted to share this story with my TAI friends, its about a French electrician named 'Emile Leray' who was stranded in a desert while traveling in his car 'Citroen 2CV' which crashed into the rocks, he rebuilt his wrecked car into a motorbike to drive back to civilization. I read this in today's 'Times' newspaper, then looked up about the same and found the below URLs with further information, request you to please publish this if appropriate and in the relevant section, as I couldn't decide on a relevant section for the same:

Channels Television - Nigeria's Award Winning Television Station

Real-Life Tony Stark Turns His Broken Down Car Into a Motorcycle To Escape the Desert (Updated)

Frenchman Turns Busted Citroen into Makeshift Motorbike to Escape Desert

Last edited:
Alternate Use of Automobile or it's Parts.

What happen's to a Vehicle once it completes it's Life cycle?

Most of it end up in Scrape yard staying there for ages and in the process polluting our Environment,

Then there are Those Eco Warrior's who put up those dead car's into good Use.

Let's Dedicate this thread to those Brilliant Artist's.

My contribution to this thread:

Motor Rhythms - car part drum set

“Hit that gas tank, now it’s time for the flywheels, oh and don’t forget the crankshaft, ahh... you missed the pulley!” - this must be going on in Jordan Hill’s mind as he’s playing his drum kit that he built out of car parts.

Hill built the drum kit entirely of salvage auto parts and we have to admit that it’s a pretty impressive development. And it does manage to fulfill its basic purpose, as it sound good, with the multiple used car goodies managing to tickle our ears quite nicely. We’re inviting you to check Hill out in action by hitting the “play” button above and decide for yourself if this is music or not.

PS: since he only used salvaged car parts, this has to qualify for a green development, so it’s more than just a sound-producing device.

Motor Rhythms - car part drum set - YouTube

After years of service on Eastern Europe’s roads, it deserved to be put out to pasture.

But somebody had other ideas. The front end of the Hungarian-built Ikarus was cut of using a grinder. The old paint was then stripped away to reveal the bare metal, which was then primed and painted in the original colors of red and white.

The bus then became a desk, complete with working computer, laptop, a chair and plenty of lights.

Attachments

Automakers are quick to tell that their new vehicles are upwards of 90 percent recyclable, but they don't mean it like this. What we have here is a house that was crafted using parts scrounged from local junk yards, turning what used to be a pile of trash into a beautiful, high-end, eco-conscious home.

Designed by architect Karl Wanaselja and his partner Cate Leger, this house in Berkeley, CA embodies the idea that "reusing trumps recycling." Most of the car parts were salvaged from old Dodge Caravans, including the car panels used for siding. Since the panels offer up different shades of gray, which Wanaselja compares to fish scales, the lighter ones went on the north side of the house to give the neighbors a bit more reflected light. Caravan side windows were used for awnings, too, and Wanaselja found the non-tinted ones better looking even if they were harder to find. All told, he says, there are parts from "thousands and thousands" of cars in this house, as well as waste poplar bark and reused fence materials.

You can learn more about how America's best-selling minivan became a house in the video

Upscale Bay Area home made from salvaged car roofs & windows - YouTube

Chinese Man Builds Himself a $9,500 Lamborghini Reventon Out of Old Car Parts and Iron

Most Lamborghini supercars in a drivable condition are out of reach for most people, even more so if we are talking about one of the most expensive models to come out from Sant'agata, the $2 million Reventon.
Being the son of a humble farmer from a rural area of China's eastern Jiangsu province, doesn’t help either, but when a man has a dream, nothing can stop him, which is the case for Wang Jian.

The 28-year old mechanic built himself a replica of a Lamborghini Reventon using whatever parts and materials he could get his hands on.

Jian began building his dream car last May by piecing together a second hand Nissan van and a Volkswagen Santana, the Daily Mail reported. The Reventon's body was built using scrap metal shaped to resemble the Lamborghini and even includes scissor-style doors.

"I've always loved sports cars since I was a child," Jian told the Telegraph. "After growing up, I thought of making my own, when I had the circumstances in life and the knowledge. In order to realise this dream, I struggled to learn about this. When I had the right circumstances and the time, I assembled it myself and realised my dream," he added.

The resourceful Chinese mechanic says he has spent around 60,000 yuan (equal to around €7,500, US$9,500 and £6,000 at today's exchange rates) up until now, but he has not yet completed the build as it lacks headlights, windows and an interior among other parts.

Granted, Jian's creation only resembles the shape of the Reventon, but you have to applaud him for the effort given his situation and especially the financial limitations.

You can watch Jian's "poor man's Lamborghini" in the video after the break, while you may also want to check out these Reventon replicas as well (Link 1 and Link2).

Chinese Man Builds Himself a $9,500 Lamborghini Reventon Out of Old Car Parts and Iron - Carscoop

Chinese man creates own Lamborghini out of iron and an old van - YouTube

Top Bottom