Stolen Luxury Cars Caught Leaving for Asia

Thread Starter #1
As most of the luxury cars cost more than twice the value of it being sold in USA,it makes good business sense for the thief's to export stolen car's to Asia.
there was a car theft ring in Los Angeles that stole luxury cars and SUVs by using fake identities in order to either lease or agree to buy them from local dealers. Not only was this car theft, but they also defrauded those dealers, lenders and insurance companies.[anger]
In order to hide the stolen cars from port officials during inspections, the containers they were placed in were labeled as 'used exercise equipment.'They almost got away with the whole thing, except they didn't realize the Ferrari had a GPS tracking device installed. When the dealer realized the car had actually been stolen, they tracked the car's location and alerted the authorities.[cheers]

Source:
Stolen Luxury Cars Caught Leaving L.A. for Asia

Attachments

They almost got away with the whole thing, except they didn't realize the Ferrari had a GPS tracking device installed. When the dealer realized the car had actually been stolen, they tracked the car's location and alerted the authorities.
Well Ferrri did it.
another star added !!
I wonder why ,from the lot only Ferrari could do it ?

Well they missed out the Gps tracker on the Ferrari,come on these thieves are not dumb,let me explain what these guys do,they are first aware of 8 different points on the car where gps tracker is added,so in a Ferrari /Lambo or any Euro or high end car gps tracker can be placed in 6 to 8 different locations for the same model at random,it is possible the 458 had a dummy or two on them,so while one was removed another was not.So when the 458 was being moved into a steel container it must have sent out a signal because once inside a transport container it wont be able to send the signal .

This whole saga looks more or less inspired by the movie "Gone in 60 seconds"
True ,usually these kind of cars go to China,i hear they have high taxation like us for imported cars ,but i had never expected to see 458 & Lp 700 in a haul , the ones i had heard of were stealing Porsche's!

There was also another case many years where a Slr Mclaren & 2 Ferrari Enzos were sneaked out of Europe to USA using fake documents,he was quite the Con man but dont want to mention his con to spread bad ideas.
Anyways his luck ran out when he crashed the Ferrari while racing against the other Enzo late in the night.

Attachments

Last edited:
True ,usually these kind of cars go to China,i hear they have high taxation like us for imported cars ,but i had never expected to see 458 & Lp 700 in a haul , the ones i had heard of were stealing Porsche's!

There was also another case many years where a Slr Mclaren & 2 Ferrari Enzos were sneaked out of Europe to USA using fake documents,he was quite the Con man but dont want to mention his con to spread bad ideas.
Anyways his luck ran out when he crashed the Ferrari while racing against the other Enzo late in the night.
'Paap ka paisa, paap main hi chala jaata hain'.[clap]

Good eg. to prove this better.

Top Bottom