Do You Invest In Stock Market?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
As the title suggests, i would like to know if any TAIns is into Stock trading/MFs etc.
Now the reason why i am asking this is that i am very much interested in learning about the market. No, i do not wish to put in my money instantly, but i do want to make sure that i can do something wise with my money rather than just earning the interest over it.

i would like all the members pour in all the info related to the Stock Market in this thread which can help rookies like me understand the things well.

re: Stock trading, MFs, Investments; Pour in the info here

Count me too in guys , i have absolutely no idea about stock market! Would love to learn it from somebody.

[lol]So many stundents but no GURU (Teacher).

Well friends I am not into it and surely would like to gain some knowledge here but I am in to it. I prefer a blue chip company to invest in rather than a new or unknown company. To start with identify few companies and read economics times. Watching business channels also helps.

I am sure we will find some good persons here.

Its all gonna plunge to kingdom come sooner than people think.:suspect: Wait and watch before going into any kind of investments at the moment.

Well I agree with Jalex. Probably this is not the time to invest or probability of misjudging the company would be higher.

Thread Starter #7

[lol]So many stundents but no GURU (Teacher).

Well friends I am not into it and surely would like to gain some knowledge here but I am in to it. I prefer a blue chip company to invest in rather than a new or unknown company. To start with identify few companies and read economics times. Watching business channels also helps.
I am sure we will find some good persons here.
Yeah, i do watch business channels. I prefer them over the boring daily sops stuffs[evil].

Its all gonna plunge to kingdom come sooner than people think.:suspect: Wait and watch before going into any kind of investments at the moment.
I am not keen on putting my money into stock; but i want to learn about markets which i feel can be learnt only through interaction rather than ebooks etc.

I think you must watch the film, Capitalism- A Love Story by Michael Moore before heading out. It shows how America made the boom and where its probably going to head into now. Its worth a watch. We I believe, are following in their foot steps.

I believe that stock markets are places to legally loot people of their money. Its all a great gamble with unfair practices becoming common there.

That's just the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeROnVUADj0

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Re: Stock trading, MFs, Investments; Pour in the info here

Thread title updated.

Re: Stock trading, MFs, Investments; Pour in the info here

Well I agree with Jalex. Probably this is not the time to invest or probability of misjudging the company would be higher.
This is the right time to buy stocks of companies with proven track record. The dip in the graph allow buyers to get good company stocks at lower rates. I suggest buying stocks like L&T, Banks (choose carefully), Automotive stocks. These will give good returns the moment sentiments are good in the global market.

Choose to buy less quantity in single stock and be persistent on each dip. Do not buy anything in the same stock at a higher price than your first buy. Sell at 10-15% margin at the first buy and you will make good money for sure.

I understand above is very generic but "In principal" this works.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Indian Stock Market Thread: Suggestions & News

Buddies,

The sole intent of starting this thread is to share the suggestions about Indian Stock Market and how it functions and what are the pros and cons of investing in Stocks and Shares. All those who have invested in shares and stocks can surely provide their insightful views about it and recommend the best way to earn returns to all including guest visitors to T.A.I.

Some important links to Indian Share Market

N.S.E India

B.S.E

Share Market for Beginners

Hope this thread is updated regularly with lots of information!

Previously I used to invest in primary & secondary stock market. Primary stock market is that where any company is making a new listing by opening IPO (Initial Public Offering) and secondary market is that where you buy or sell existing listed stocks. Currently I am not trading any stock in primary or secondary market. I had not good experience with the investing directly in stock market. I was also following the experts on the business channel but they are clearly frauds. When market is going up then they are saying market is good stay invested but as soon as market starts correcting, they suddenly changes their view and say market is risky book your profit. [lol] I had earned the money in some stock and loss in some, I still have some stocks which is at ~10% of my purchasing price. [frustration]

Currently I am investing in MFs through SIP (Systematic Investment Plan). In SIP, you invest some predefined amount (specified by you) on monthly basis. I have demat account in ICICIDirect where I do all the transactions related to MF. You have to start the SIP once then it will automatically invest amount monthly on your selected MFs. For the beginners Mutual Funds are the best option to invest in stock market. By doing SIP, you can get benefit of the ups & downs of the stock market and main thing is that you don't need to track your investment on daily or monthly basis. Choose 2 or 3 MFs of different categories as mentioned below and start SIP.

Below are the categories:
1. Bluechip fund: This MFs invest in large cap companies like L&T, SBI, Infosys etc. So this is very much reliable and low or moderate risk.
2. Small & Mid cap or Emerging companies: This MFs invest in small & mid cap companies or emerging companies. This is high risk high return.

Benefit of investing in MFs is that if you sell the MF after holding it one year then you don't need to pay any income tax. You have to pay 15% short term capital gain if you sell it before 1 year. So if your risk appetite is moderate then it would be good to invest in MFs for good return without much risk. For MFs, stay invested for at least 3 years to get good returns. I usually refer moneycontrol to check the rating of MFs.

Investment advice - SIP/Stocks/Bonds

Hi guys,

I have started this thread to discuss on investment options - Stocks/Bonds/SIP etc.

Me/my wife monthly income is around 90k.

We are currently savings around 20k per month in FD.

I plan to start a SIP in mutual funds , as it seems long term CAGR over a 20-30 yr timeframe on sensex is around 17% as compared to FD (8% after tax)

Please advice is it a good idea ? I plan to start with INR 5,000 p.m

Which SIP MFs are best ?

Re: Investment advice - SIP/Stocks/Bonds

A great thread Vaibhav I personally dont much in this sector but I am sure it will be great help for every one really looking forward for the inputs from the gurus

Top Bottom