Steering Assembly Issue: Skoda Fabia Elegance

Thread Starter #1
I have a Skoda Fabia 2011 (1.2 MPI Elegance), Petrol model which is having some problem with steering. I got it checked from Mahindra First Choice service (MFC) and a Bosch franchisee. I went to MFC first and they said that steering assembly needs to be changed. It will cost around approx. 13000/- (as per quote provided by Skoda office) with labour charges extra. I was little concerned whether i should get this replaced and that's when they asked me to wait and inquired with some other vendor. They said they have asked from the direct dealer who supplies part to Skoda and this vendor is providing the same steering assembly for 10,500/-. I was little confused how come the same part is available at such different rates.

I then thought of getting it checked elsewhere and ended up with Bosch service center. They too mentioned that steering has a problem and a new assembly will cost approx. 13000/-. I checked if repair is possible and they said that they will have to open it up and check whether it can be repaired. They, however, also told me that repair may be possible but it will cost somewhere around 5500/- and a repaired steering assembly might work only for 6 months or so.

I am now confused what to do. Is it really the case that steering assembly repair doesn't last more than 6 months? Also, do you guys think that the repair cost quoted by Bosch is reasonable? Also, what about the different prices quoted by MFC?

I am not sure , but for some parts there are multiple dealers (In case of Hyundai , Hyundai genuineb brake pads , and there is Bosch make , which also suits ).Am not sure , if its same case with Steering Assy also . I would suggest to go for replacement than repair for same.

Top Bottom