Steel Rims with Tubeless Tyres?

Thread Starter #1
my swift has alloy wheels with tubeless tyres nad now i am removing alloy wheels because they are damaged(cracks).i have bought steel rims(14 inches) and want to know whether tubeless tyres can b fitted to steel rims?is there any chances of air leakage through steel rims??i dont want to buy new tyres because these tubeless tyres r in good condition without any single puncture.or can i put tube inside these tubeless tyres??[confused]i am waiting for experts advice

want to know whether tubeless tyres can b fitted to steel rims?is there any chances of air leakage through steel rims??
Vijay,

As Highway ranger mentioned, you can fit tubeless tyres to steel rims.

Now a days, almost all cars are having tubeless tyres. But alloy wheels are offered only on a few.

Swift has tubeless tyres fitted to steel rims for base models. I assume only the top model has alloy wheels.

Hi there ,

You can absolutely use tubeless tyres on steel rims , and there won't be any problem . My 2004 Honda City has Goodyear tubeless tyres on the company fitted steel rims and I have been using them for 8 years now . No issues of any kind .

The only thing to keep in mind while using tubeless on steel rims is to make sure that the steel rims are not bent or damaged in any way and they are rust free.
If the steel rims are bent , then they should be straightened out with a rim straightening machine ( German made ) , not some guy with a hammer [:)]

But since you bought the rims brand new , so don't worry , just put on your tubeless tyres on them and drive worry free .

BTW , what was the brand of alloys were you using that cracked ? and how ?

Drive Safe

Spinner-Wheelz

Top Bottom