Starting To Buy My New Car (Read Replacing 16 Year Old Workhorse Maruti Zen)

If it is the case then open non certified general public can design cars. Enthusiasm has limits it can not define engineering design. Simple example when designing engine cooling system there is a sub section called heat and mass transfer of applied thermodynamics which is of a very great difficult subject.
I guess in future you will ask non certified forum members to stop talking about cars. [lol]

I don't understand from where you get this logic?[roll] There are many examples of less educated people created industries.

Thread Starter #47
Yep Got and used the car for two months now, My wifey being the user was not very happy about this car. LOL! she says it is too small !!. Also the problem is when I drive I get the instant fuel thing showing up 19-20kpl but when she does it it returs at the best 11.8 KPL. Cant find much difference in the way she drives, May be the featuring of trottle makes the whole difference. In any case things have changed. ONe of her colleagues wants the car. So selling it to her. There was no loan on this one. So yesterday finalized the deal with her colleaugue . Not loosing much Just a 20k discount given to the buyer as goodwill from the total cost (her colleague and her husband visited our home and fixed the deal). We have driven the car about 2500kms). WIll hand over on Monday ad they wanted. We have also visited the SBI branch to get a 2.5 lakh loan for the next car. I can say Tiago amt was real good (in my view), Especially it does not make much noise as stated in online reviews. and also there is absolutely no dearth of power for reasonable family use. Well maybe it does not have the wow factor and status which comes with her new preference. Swift!!.
As for swift we did a TD. now that my wifey can drive. preferred the AGS ZXI version .

As for me I'am waiting for this whole fiasco to settle. MY Zen is still at home. Just dont want to part with my stable friend of years. Thought about it many times, BUt well I'am simply too emotional about her.

Thread Starter #49
Sad to know your are letting go Tiago AMT. Hope its not a big resale loss.

Well it is not much loss or anything, It did its job, teaching my lady to drive, But now she needs something more upmarket and funky, Blame it on my sister, she changed her i10 auto recently and went for swift, I'am loosing say a total of 30k, including the cost of some accessories and the 20k less we agreed
All in all I can say Tiago is a good and reasonable car.

That is a good resale value you got, I must say.
I suggest if you are looking for automatic settle for a CVT gearshift instead of AMT. Driving pleasure would be more.

Thread Starter #51
That is a good resale value you got, I must say.
I suggest if you are looking for automatic settle for a CVT gearshift instead of AMT. Driving pleasure would be more.
Well this deal is about Bhabi / Nanand deciding what they want lol. Booked the car ZXI AMT or AGS whatever on July 10th. There was talk of 45 days and all. SO I just told them there are enough other cars I can get in two days flat. Finally the car comes on Friday as agreed. It is already unloaded in the yard. Saw that personally asked to remove the stock music system with a SONY XAV-AX5000(the thing comes with capacitive touh screen and steering controls work well. Not sure what to do with a bluetooth button on the wheel, but can be assigned for something. What about using it as an on/off switch lol ?. Ordered twin USB socket from Amazon. So no usb wires in glovebox. Also going for a 3M underbody thing and full rubber/vinyl coating covering carpet. Tiago carpet smelled like rotten after rains started in Kerala (carpet and interior cleaning, steaming costs Rs 1500/-, including seat shampoo and roof liner cleaning). Dont want a repeat of it in swift. So it is going to be all rubber and seat covers hmmmm. 9500/- MGA [confused].

As far as I'am concerned I want a diesel preferably hatch. I'am not sure if I do need an automatic for personal use, I get my right feet tired in traffic, not the left one. There is no way to floor the gas pedal in this part of the country, Holding right feet in a featuring position itself gets all cars including Zen/Tiago/Swift all of them to reach the speed limit in any case. I think, I want something with an accelerator switch on steering. will try test driving the Ford freestyle (My son is hell bent on Dad's car being Ford in any case), I'am okay with gears/clutch. After all I'am the one who drops him at school every morning. So he says he don't care what his mom drives.

Top Bottom