Star Lease – Mercedes Benz Now Available On Lease in India.

Thread Starter #1
Having grown up in India with those stories about the most beautiful car have made an impression on me, and I believe it must have done the same on most of us. Yesterday I stumbled upon this article which talks about Mercedes available on a lease scheme in India. After reading the story, mind started thinking: what if!!

But after going through the details it seems like a rip-off. Daimler has opened its financial service business in India, and they are offering Mercs on a 50% depreciation cost lease scheme for 3 years. The same lease scheme in a country like US is only for 25-30%.

Read here for more details --

Now, lease a Merc at 50% of price - Times Of India

Here is some quote from the article -
Explaining the process of individual lease, Sidhartha Nair, MD of of Daimler Financial Services India (DFS), said the facility offers one of the most flexible option to customers. "One does not need to pay the full price of the car. Normally, as per the leasing model, we give the car on lease for a period of three years, working out a residual value upfront. This value, which on an average is 50% of the cost of a new car, is something the customer does not need to pay. All that he pays us is the remainder value of the car, which is nearly half of its cost. We lease the car to him."
Procuring the car at half the cost is not the only attraction. The service and maintenance costs as well as the insurance fee are the company's headache.

If a new Mercedes model costs, say, Rs 30 lakh, DFS will give two options to an individual customer-buy or lease. Either he can get financing for buying the car and register it in his name, or else he can go for a lease model.

Re: Mercedes available on Lease in India

hey well its very intelligent move but dont know but i will only choose to buy even if its second hand!! [confused]

Thread Starter #3

Yes, actually leasing a car is obviously not owning it. You are just keeping and then give it back to the company. Bad thing is 50% cost, that is too much. They should have kept it at 25% or something for 3 years depreciation.

what happens if someone crashes that car?? he has to pay everything or company only repairs it?

Thread Starter #5

As the article says service and maintenance costs will be included. In case of accident the same rule will apply. One would have to pay the amount remaining after what insurance comp pays. Also, I am assuming one would have to pay the insurance premium!

AMG

Suspended

Why would anyone lease a car, when he can have it registered in his name?

AMG

Suspended

You can also get a used Merc for that price, and then make money from resale.

This is good so that means one has to only fill the fuel and drive the car for 3 years forgetting everything else?

Can anybody put a rough calculation on how this will work for say a C-Class.

AMG

Suspended

^

50% of the price.

15 lakh for the corporate version

18 lakh for the top end version.

Not sure how many will look after this.
If that's me, i'll better buy a new car with whatever I have in my hand [;)]
This is great news for all merc fans atleast whoever want to have one in their life time.[:)]

Top Bottom