Stag or 10.95!?; Now Bought Stag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #20
even if they dont customize, i think they meet all the specifications which we want- good looks, good seating, luggage storage & optional AC.

Thread Starter #21
hey guys, one thing is final, we are going for a AL stag. reasons are-
1) it enjoys better reputation in kerela in terms of reliability & maintainence
2) resale value is better
3) we already have two ALs.

yesterday, we visited Sisira kalady for body building. They quoted a price of 6.75 lakhs for the entire body & interiors which will look like a clone of prakash's body.

we are not considering Ojes as we have heard a lot of negative reviews about them.

EDIT: Problems dont seem to end on my side!

after i thought everything was sorted out & i had finalized on the stag, i got the shocker from AL that the stag is not offered with company fitted power steering. only the lynx has that as option.

we had basically rejected the lynx as it was a tad too big for our requirements. sisira claimed that the lynx would be just our present viking bus minus one last window, so that means its not a mini bus. that also means such a huge bus would consume more fuel.

AL claims the stag would give 6kmpl. if that is true, the lynx would give no more than 4.5-5kmpl.

now the question is, if we are considering the stag in place of the lynx in interests of fuel economy & size-
1) will it make a big difference in mini bus if PS is not fitted? will we easily get drivers for the bus? will it be too hard to drive the bus?
2) AL says the PS unit can be fitted aftermarket for Rs. 70,000. how reliable will that be? should it be done?
3) Do all mini buses in kerela roads have PS?

350Z

Core Team
If overall the Stag perfectly suits to the requirements, then why not compromise the power steering and go ahead for it? But if Power Steering is also a necessity then as AL told you can get it done aftermarket and hopefully it should be reliable when company is itself going to install (Or will it will be installed by elsewhere?)

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well if its going to be done at A.S.S then i guess it must be reliable , go ahead with teh Stag and get a aftermarket PS done!

But even without that i think you will get drivers , though it maybe a bit difficult for him!

raj, why not purchase the chassis in punjab,get the body work done and then get it to KL? i see that most of the pvt buses in bangalore have their body built at sutlej(say srs travels)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom