Spotted: Volkswagen Polo R Cup in Chennai

Thread Starter #1
I saw this car when i went to attend a symposium in SRM college in chennai. The guy didnt give proper information about the car. But he told that it has the vento diesel engine, all kind of weight reduction were done.

And i didnt have enough time to take more snaps of this beast.[cry]

Here goes the 2 pictures i took in a hurry [clap]

IMG_20110811_113510.jpg

IMG_20110811_113522.jpg

Re: rally VW POLO spotted in chennai

I study at SRM university! I too saw this car parked outside the enterance for 2 days. Guessed it was there for some department(either mech or automobile) symposium only.

BTW i have seen this car before itself during an Auto Expo at Chennai and also the VW cup held at Chennai , so din't bother to check and click pictures![:)]

OT: We could have met up buddy!

Thread Starter #3
Re: rally VW POLO spotted in chennai

100th post[clap]

Yeah buddy, we could have met, i almost forgot that you are studying in SRM. And that car revved like a beast. it was audible for almost half of your insanely huge campus. And this car had nitrous set up too.

Jeno[cheers]

Re: Spotted: Rally Volkswagen Polo in Chennai

I saw this car when i went to attend a symposium in SRM college in chennai. The guy didnt give proper information about the car. But he told that it has the vento diesel engine, all kind of weight reduction were done.

And i didnt have enough time to take more snaps of this beast.[cry]

Here goes the 2 pictures i took in a hurry [clap]

View attachment 25768

View attachment 25769
Thats not a Rally car but a race car probably the Polo Cup Racer. And another thing, They VW doesnt use diesel engines on Polo Cup cars I believe.

350Z

Core Team

This one is indeed the Polo Cup Car and it looks stunning in this form. Thanks for the snaps and congratulations for 100 Posts.

Drive Safe,
350Z

nope it is the 1.6 diesel mill from the vento!
Nope. not the diesel mill from Vento. It is further tuned for performance and gives 130 ps ~ 127 bhp which is more than the 105 bhp in Vento.

Guys in chennai can follow the race in case they are interested in the coming weekend.

Here are the details - Volkswagen Polo Cup India

Dates - 19-21 Aug 2011

Top Bottom