Sports Bike Fans Rejoice, Honda VFR1200F Coming!!

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
By the end of this year, Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India Limited will launch a new iconic sports tourer model VFR1200F in India. This brings happy news for sports enthusiasts in India, though the bike will be imported as a Completely Built Unit attracting 110 percent duty. “Honda’s Indian arm will be launching the model in a CBU format and will be pricier than its existing imported bikes like Fireblade, etc,” said company sources.

The model was introduced as a concept model in 2008 at the Intermot Show. Later the production ready model was revealed at the Tokyo Auto Show last year as a V4 sports touring model. The model is currently being manufactured in Japan and the first batch of the model will be ready soon in 2010. The new Honda VFR1200F model has 1237cc 76-degree design which flaunts latest Honda innovations. The model is powered by Unicam valvetrain, developed on the CRF450R motocrosser, with a four-valve head and flatter, more efficient combustion chamber.

The model is expected to be priced at more than Rs. 20 lakh. Although the price looks high, the company expects to find takers in the Indian market. After all, Honda VFR1200F is one of the best sports bikes that money can buy. (Article Courtesy: Cartradeindia.com)

Drive Safe,
350Z

Attachments

20 Lakh. We can buy luxury car in this price.

India is changing fast and there are consumers for these vehicles also.

I like the design of the head lamps and fairing!!

But a strict no no from me even if i have the money , i prefer a Passat or Laura instead!!

That is twenty lacs worth of muscular beauty!!
I guess anyone buying this will not be looking at the price tag.
Wish it was me!!

A true biker will always consider bikes without looking at the price tag..
Wish I had 20 lacs.

OT: HMSI, when are you going to launch CBR 150?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
Absolutely. Like we, the car maniacs can spend any given amount (Only if we have!) to buy a car, same applies to bike enthusiast too. Though, I’m no way a bike aficionado but liked the clean and sporty looks VFR1200.

Drive Safe,
350Z

:agree:and this is so nice looking bike. I will pick it over a hayabusa anyday. Busa has become too common that it doesnt interests me anymore. ;)

Top Bottom