Speed Limit in Your City?

Thread Starter #1
Hey guys next time check your speed on ODO, Bangalore traffic Police are ready to hunt down the cars who are going above 60 kmph.

But i am wondering, how can they manage such slow speed and reach destination, this has been initiated after the recent accidents in Bangalore, to make it a safer place.

How many Audi's & BMW's will stick on such speed.

And another thing is how the convoy's of politician follow this rule?

So Speed limit for car is 60 kmph.[lol]

Two wheeler is 50 kmph.

Attachments

Hey guys next time check your speed on ODO, Bangalore traffic Police are ready to hunt down the cars who are going above 60 kmph.
Due to traffic congestion in ORR between Marthahalli to Mysore road, I hardly reach 60 kmph on day time. Anything above that is dangerous too on day time thick traffic.
But I wish the speed limit to be little higher on the night time at least. How can one expect to drive below 60Kmph on night when there is no traffic? Again, it might be for our safety too. These days we don't know, some morons without following any rules can jump into our lane and giving as an attack! Cheers mate, drive slow in Bengaluru and safe.

Drive Safe!

Dont exactly know speed limit in city,but in Hyderabad/Secundrabad four wheelers cant cross 60kmph due to traffic

Bet they haven't heard that the Motor Vehicle Act exists![frustration]
That's Pune my friend. We have the power to ignore all that Exist and challenge that does not.[lol]

Jokes apart, I am not certain what thought process made this decision of No speed limit but I surely think it is a blunder on the RTO's part.

The most horrendous thing is they have published it on the internet[frustration]

The Bangalore Chennai highway has a speed limit of 80 kmph till Krishnagiri and after that, you will see 50kmph speed limit boards in various places.

I haven't seen even one 'end speed limit' board after these 50kmph speed limit boards.

So, effectively cops can catch you anywhere after Krishnagiri if you are even going at 60kmph. [frustration]

The Bangalore Chennai highway has a speed limit of 80 kmph till Krishnagiri and after that, you will see 50kmph speed limit boards in various places.

I haven't seen even one 'end speed limit' board after these 50kmph speed limit boards.

So, effectively cops can catch you anywhere after Krishnagiri if you are even going at 60kmph. [frustration]
I am completely unaware of the road conditions in that area. Could you please let me know what is the config of the highway, dual carriageway, small ghats, big ghats.. how is it for such a low speed limit?

Certainly it should neither be 4 lane normal highway nor express way with that speed limit.

350Z

Core Team
The 60 Kmph is a normal speed limit for most of the Indian cities. New Delhi to has the same but on specific locations the mandatory speed limit varies (How many actually follow it is a different story altogether). DND Flyway has the maximum speed limit of 80 Kmph but it is such a smooth stretch that vehicles barely drive below 90 – 100 Kmph. DTP website has mention of the allowed speed limits in Delhi: http://delhitrafficpolice.nic.in/speed-limitation.htm

Drive Safe,
350Z

@FJ CRUZER

This is a smooth 4 lane highway which is soon to be upgraded to 6 lane.

Even bikes go over 70 kmph on these roads.

I think 80kmph is the max speed on all highways in India set by govt. some time back

Attachments

@FJ CRUZER

This is a smooth 4 lane highway which is soon to be upgraded to 6 lane.

Even bikes go over 70 kmph on these roads.

I think 80kmph is the max speed on all highways in India set by govt. some time back
I that case, the 50kmph may only be applicable to small stretch. The authorities have either failed to put signage for end of speed limit or something else, i am not sure. The highway has to be 80 kmph for most of its length except for small stretches where the speed limit is reduced where the road is identified as unsuitable for the max speed limit. There can be number of reasons for this and this is applicable to all the highways across india.

This is my point. By failing to put up the end speed limit signs, we cannot argue with the traffic cops, if they catch us at any point.

I was caught speeding in this highway for driving my brand new zen at 70kmph.

Well my speed limit is governed by the Autorickshaw travelling in the center of the road,so its usually 20 to 30km/hr in the city(am sure many Bangaloreans will agree).
Bia has a 80km/hr lane.
I usually see Police interceptors on ring road near Banerghatta road(mandovi motors),they seem to be having a good catch everyday & i see them near Kengeri(before bus stand,next to a Marriage hall) on the way to Mysore,but usually cars who notice them switch on Hazard Lamps so cars behind them slow down before coming into the turn [cheers]

Last edited:

Top Bottom