Speakers Upgrade for Maruti Suzuki Alto LXi

Thread Starter #1
Hello friends,
I'm having Maruti Suzuki Alto LXi, fitted with Sony Xplod variant-5510 CD/MP3/FM-AM Audio system with 2 front Sony Xplod Speakers & 2 Rear 6x9 Co-axial speakers. Since the rear speakers has been too old now & they have started showing their age to function to the optimum. So i want to replace them with new ones of same size & input so that they can work on same setup, so suggest me the best option available the market. The brand i've shortlisted ones are:
1) JBL.
2) Blaupunkt.
3) Nippon.
4) Pioneer.

One thing more to share, is that the previous co-axials used to deliver low Bass levels when both the side speakers working together. On inspection, speaker technician told that it was due to low output voltage of Head unit. So, how this can be taken care of while upgrading this time !
Do suggest the possible options.

Hi DZEvoque.

Actually all 1DIN entry level head units will produce low RMS power and would utilise you speakers to 50-70% only. Your best bet would be JBL to replace your ageing rear coaxials. GTO series is tried and tested and you can take a demo before you decide. Avoid Nippon.

If you want to increase the output, try changing the heas unit which would cost around 3.5k which would offer slightly better output to the speakers. If you are looking for larger improvements (in bass and power delivery) you can add an amplifier. A 4 channel amplifier would cost roughly 4k and would amplify the signals to give optimum performance to your frimt as well as rear speakers. Do note that additional wiring of around 1000 would also be required.

My personal opinion is, get JBL rear coaxials (if on a tight budget, you can opt for Pioneer also) and listen to the audio quality for some time before deciding. Try fiddling with your head unit's settings to find a perfect balance.

If you a still not satisfied, getting a 4 channel amplifier is an option as changing the head unit would give only marginal improvement. Adding an amplifier would make considerable improvememt at slightly higher cost (5k vs 3.5k).

Thread Starter #4
Got it @ice_wise.
Good suggestion & Thanks.

Btw, How JBL original spakers can be differentiated from duplicate or imitating copies(if available), while buying.

Got it @ice_wise.
Good suggestion & Thanks.

Btw, How JBL original spakers can be differentiated from duplicate or imitating copies(if available), while buying.
Yes, fakes are very much available in almost all car audio markets. Look out for the following -

1. The colour of the JBL Logo should be deep orange and should not be faded/blurry. The logo should be clearly visible and of a proper original size.

2. The exclamation mark on the J (in JBL) is not exactly perfect in case of fakes in most cases. Products with colour bleeding on logos and information should be avoided.

3. "Power" or other unusual wordings written on the products. Also confirm the specs written on the underside of speakers with those provided on official site.

4. The installer would decline on providing a proper VAT bill with warranty.

5. The outer package should be inspected as well. You will find one or the other mistake in spellings or print, in fakes.

You can take sample pictures of high resolution in your mobile (from official JBL site) of the products and compare before paying the money.

New Alto K 10 stock speaker upgrade

Hi I am JINOY from kerala. I am basically a teacher. But my passion is with automobiles. I owned an new alto k10 last year. I already fitted two 3 way sony oval speakers. Now I am thinking of replacing the stock door speakers. Which size speaker is used in alto k10? Someone said its 4" speaker. Music experts said 4" speakers are waste. So can i replace it with 5.5or 6 inch. Waiting for your valuable advice. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom