Speakers For Maruti Suzuki Swift VXi

Thread Starter #46
Your installer is totally wrong. It would be better if you visit Faridabad or Delhi for correcting this install as installers are more experienced here.

Anyway, open the door pad (or get it opened) and unscrew the speaker nuts. As you start taking the speaker out from the door location, you will find that it is held there by wiring. That wiring would be joined to the speaker terminals (back side) by a white connector. Now that connector needs to be removed. If you can go till this stage and post the picture of the type of connector it is, I will help you to remove it. But actually it is very easy to remove the connector, you have to try and seperate it by pushing required pins, or applying pressure from certain areas. This way you can remove the connector by pulling it out and you can take the speakers out. If your 6x9 speakers stop working after removing the connectors, you will have to add a coupler to the 6x9 speaker wire. This coupler would be a male part and would be connected to the white connector (female part) to avoid any wire cuts. The male part of coupler which you will get from a good audio shop will have 2 wires which can be easily cut and taped to the 6x9 speaker wires. And all this would not affect factory wiring.

I have tried to write everything in the most easy way. Sir do you remember how exactly the wires have been connected for the 6x9 tray speakers? Is it stuffed between the contact points of the white connector?
thanks yes it is stuffed in white connector i shall go to faridabad in 3 or 4 days i shall definitely get them removed will this improve quality of my rockfords?

Yes. The output of your Rockford 6x9 will get better as the power supplied to them will double (now it is divided into half between door speakers and 6x9).
What are you having in the front doors?
What specific problems do you have in your setup?
What are the available settings in the HU? (I will help you adjust them)

In Faridabad, check out Decora (Neelam pull flyover, 5th/6th shop on the left), you will get couplers there and the installers are very professional in their approach.

Thread Starter #48
Yes. The output of your Rockford 6x9 will get better as the power supplied to them will double (now it is divided into half between door speakers and 6x9).
What are you having in the front doors?
What specific problems do you have in your setup?
What are the available settings in the HU? (I will help you adjust them)

In Faridabad, check out Decora (Neelam pull flyover, 5th/6th shop on the left), you will get couplers there and the installers are very professional in their approach.
yes decora i have just finished my coaching in bsc academy[clap]i shall surely visit there my car is vxi 2014 december new model with factory hu so now tell me what to tell the shopkeeper

yes decora i have just finished my coaching in bsc academy[clap]i shall surely visit there my car is vxi 2014 december new model with factory hu so now tell me what to tell the shopkeeper
You just have to tell them -
I have installed 6x9 Rockford in my rear tray and they have been connected parallel to my rear door speakers. I have to remove the door speakers, factory wiring should not be cut.

Also I would like to say that you will get good sound quality only if you go for front components/coaxial speakers also. The size is 6.5". Coaxials would cost around 3k with bill (and warranty) while components would cost around 4k (with bill and warranty). Genuine products, and if you buy from them they might give free installation also (only charge for the couplers/connectors). Currently you will be having sound coming from the rear of the car, as front speakers are literally nothing when compared to your rear Rockford speakers.

Hope I cleared all your doubts.

Thread Starter #50
You just have to tell them -
I have installed 6x9 Rockford in my rear tray and they have been connected parallel to my rear door speakers. I have to remove the door speakers, factory wiring should not be cut.

Also I would like to say that you will get good sound quality only if you go for front components/coaxial speakers also. The size is 6.5". Coaxials would cost around 3k with bill (and warranty) while components would cost around 4k (with bill and warranty). Genuine products, and if you buy from them they might give free installation also (only charge for the couplers/connectors). Currently you will be having sound coming from the rear of the car, as front speakers are literally nothing when compared to your rear Rockford speakers.

Hope I cleared all your doubts.
[clap]i had them removed today thanks

Tushar,

go into the menu of the HU and equaliser settings. If you want soft pleasant songs, select "Vocal". If you want bass pumping select "Bass booster". Your HU needs setting up

Ameyam

Also it would be great if you could change your stock front speakers to something aftermarket.

HU definitely needs tuning up. If possible, let us know all the settings of the HU. Set the FADER to +1 or +2 for the front to get a balanced sound as your front speakers are currently weak. Balance should be set to 0. What other settings are there?

Thread Starter #55
Also it would be great if you could change your stock front speakers to something aftermarket.

HU definitely needs tuning up. If possible, let us know all the settings of the HU. Set the FADER to +1 or +2 for the front to get a balanced sound as your front speakers are currently weak. Balance should be set to 0. What other settings are there?
bro it is factory fitted hu so does not have good output i have set my equiliser to rock thats it what would you suggest me to do now only front and rear tray speakers are runing

bro it is factory fitted hu so does not have good output i have set my equiliser to rock thats it what would you suggest me to do now only front and rear tray speakers are runing
Set the volume to desirable level at which you listen mostly (like 15). Press the button once which leads you to "OFF-JAZZ-ROCK-HIPHOP" display. Set this to OFF and press the same button again.

You will see BASS option, set this to +2 or +4 depending on your requirement by rotating the button clockwise. Press it again.

Now you will see TREBLE option, set this to +2 or +4 as per your liking by rotating the button. Press it again.

You will see BALANCE option, set this to 0. Press the button again. You will see FADER option, rotate the knob and set this to "+4" or "F 4" and press the button again.

If you see AVC option, set this to LEVEL 1 and press the button.

You are done. You will notice that the output would have decreased as you adjust the FADER. But don't worry, raise the volume till your desirable level and you will find that the sound would be more balanced and rich. Do share your thoughts after adjusting the settings.

PS. Treble adjustment is for the sharp music tones, vocals. Bass you already know, the "boom".

Last edited:
Thread Starter #57
Set the volume to desirable level at which you listen mostly (like 15). Press the button once which leads you to "OFF-JAZZ-ROCK-HIPHOP" display. Set this to OFF and press the same button again.

You will see BASS option, set this to +2 or +4 depending on your requirement by rotating the button clockwise. Press it again.

Now you will see TREBLE option, set this to +2 or +4 as per your liking by rotating the button. Press it again.

You will see BALANCE option, set this to 0. Press the button again. You will see FADER option, rotate the knob and set this to "+4" or "F 4" and press the button again.

If you see AVC option, set this to LEVEL 1 and press the button.

You are done. You will notice that the output would have decreased as you adjust the FADER. But don't worry, raise the volume till your desirable level and you will find that the sound would be more balanced and rich. Do share your thoughts after adjusting the settings.

PS. Treble adjustment is for the sharp music tones, vocals. Bass you already know, the "boom".
thanks bro i shall do this tomorrow thanks

Top Bottom