Speakers For Hyundai Verna

Duplicate. I had a 1K cable kit on my ZEN [:D]
Rather than duplicate its unbranded. Though not the best quality but good one , enough to drive branded subs and amp.

Though many shops in chennai have been listed here , i cant tell the truth as am in same business. i know about the stores and there works and the product.
Just a point. no one is 100% perfect , no one is bad though.[evil]

Later it may be problem to me if i say about all of them.

Thread Starter #32
hey guys thanks for the suggestions. and sorry i dont know the current details of my head unit and pio speakers as i mine is a second hand car, they were fitted already!! but speakers are in good shape. i want good punch effect but the song also should be heard, i cannot hear a song only with thump effects!! so from all your suggestions i have decided on JBL woofer. now i need details about which amp i should be using. and sorry guys for the incomplete details i couldnt find the exact details of my pio HU and speakers!! and as suggested i will have a look at car jewels and radio ware house as these are very near my house.

hey guys thanks for the suggestions. and sorry i dont know the current details of my head unit and pio speakers as i mine is a second hand car, they were fitted already!! but speakers are in good shape. i want good punch effect but the song also should be heard, i cannot hear a song only with thump effects!! so from all your suggestions i have decided on JBL woofer. now i need details about which amp i should be using. and sorry guys for the incomplete details i couldnt find the exact details of my pio HU and speakers!! and as suggested i will have a look at car jewels and radio ware house as these are very near my house.
Did you try different equalizer settings???

Post a picture of your head-unit maybe Ilango or racer maybe able to identify the HU model.

Thread Starter #34
ya i have tried bro. the 'powerful' option gives the best bass effect. i will click it and post it tomorrow for sure

Last edited by a moderator:
Any accessory store have one for demo, ask them to fix that amp and sub in your car. if you are satisfied then put a brand new, else change .

Any store must help you in these , and they may also help in selecting the best punch!

@ abhinav head unit is pioneer , in verna we dont have front speakers , i hav pioneer speakers in four doors as well as the rear. no they are not components. sound is good but not enough thump coming from the rear speakers!! if i close all the windows and doors then people standing a few feet away from the car can obly hear the thump!! hope u can understand this!!
I get you point.

I'll agree with Abhinav on this, Sub woofer ratings are ****.
cooldhaya post the current details of your car ICE.

O.T Abhinav, I just loved the way you have ICE-ed your skoda rs.
I too will be posting my ICe queries soon [:D]
Thank you :)
Waiting to see it.

ilango[speed thirst];6980 said:
The price is for custom designed fibre glass enclosure. The sub will not eat up your space.

I hope you got me . This one compromise almost very low boot space ,and gives you the great punch , with the walls of car that is being used is damped(cost inclusive)

Normal wooden enclosure is just a 700/- , you can find this in my orkut albums (2 box in my marina's boot)

And cooldaya's need is just a bass sound to be heard outside. so you dont need amplifiers for the speakers.

Yeah i also agree that just one sub woofer is enough for his need.

yeah this must help cooldaya's need. this one is normal fixation done.
Except the wooden enclosure cost 700/- and the wiring kit 1200/-
You might find me rude, but i pity calling you an ICE installer.
Why does he need a FG enclosure?
He's not getting too deep into the acoustics et all.
He is well off with a normal MDF enclosure.

plus cooldaya, dont use such wiring kits.
Rather, take power cables / ground cables from finolex etc and invest in RCAs and Speaker Cables.

ilango[speed thirst];7069 said:
Rather than duplicate its unbranded. Though not the best quality but good one , enough to drive branded subs and amp.
Proves my point that i would pity calling you an installer.
Those power kits quote 8 ga, 10 ga, but are not even close to them. Thats why there are issues with system.
ya i have tried bro. the 'powerful' option gives the best bass effect. i will click it and post it tomorrow for sure
Did you try different equalizer settings???

Post a picture of your head-unit maybe Ilango or racer maybe able to identify the HU model.
Why do you recommend using the equalizer dude?
I never use the eq.

Just use the HPF, LPF, rest all is flat and all tuning done from the amp.

NEXT POST:

I'll suggest you.

Get a 4 channel amp, get a sub.
Power the front speakers / components with 2 channels and the sub with the remaining 2 channels and i'm sure you'll be more than happy.

I'll suggest you.

Get a 4 channel amp, get a sub.
Power the front speakers / components with 2 channels and the sub with the remaining 2 channels and i'm sure you'll be more than happy.
this is what i have been suggesting him for quite a long time.

many are recommending him to buy an amp with a sub without connecting an amp to the speakers? what use is the thump when there is no music????

its not only about that raj.

most of the frequencies in music are not <100hz.

A sub would not play you good >100 hz frequencies. Only a bit of it ( and that too fades at around 500hz where the vocals basically start.).

What a good ICE should have is good vocals.
I'm not saying, you should not have good thump and all but atleast the 1st step should be right.

This would be attained by components since you get better detailing, imaging and soundstage than the normal coaxial speakers.

napster

Suspended
thump without music is a choice of the autowalas[:P] no offence
my sugession is to get components on the front, 3ways on the rear , a good sub and a 4channel amplifier, a HU has enough power to power the rears and front but detailing wont be good on the front, so power the components through the amplifier, you get great output from the components when they are connected to an amplifier.

Arun

Suspended
Here it is the total opposite napster. The rickshaw guys have high treble, songs sound squeakier and is really irritating to be hearing to.
I agree with what Abhinav said. Go for components in the front, maybe 3-way/4-way co-axials in the back. If things exceed your budget try a phase upgrade. Install things one by one and not everything at once.

Budget.
That is the only reason i'm not suggesting him comps and sub connected to a 4 channel. For 15k, he can hardly have a decent sub setup. Head unit can still power front co-ax's, and mild tuning of the sub can help him achieve a decent soundstage.
I've been using jbl GT5-652 co-axes on my 800 front, combined with gto series 12incher connected to blau 2 channel for quite a long time, and it works well.
For his budget, the best bet is to go for a sub and 2 channel in bridged mode.
And dude, Do NOT loose on wiring. It is the single most effective part that can differentiate between music and noise. NO unbranded kits.
Power cable can be Finolex, But rca's must be top notch.
I suggest u jblfi your verna.
very VFM.[cheers]

@Abhinav Gupta
Thanks to pity on me.
may i know the reason, so that i can correct myself?

remember i said 15K is much enough for 2 subs and a 4 channel amp. i even mentioned the brands. Check the earlier posts.
As cooldhaya asked he want 2 subs in his car. Its not my initiative.

i GAVE the option for custom enclosure. To save the dicky space.

The unbranded wires that i said is being used for ages, no issues at all. Accept very few cases the wiring kit fuse blows off.

i too have stocks of Scosche brand wiring kit
4 gauge is 5500/- and 8 gauge is 3500/-

None buys them , also these unbranded is fine enough! And its my view from my experiance.

Last edited:

napster

Suspended
Here it is the total opposite napster. The rickshaw guys have high treble, songs sound squeakier and is really irritating to be hearing to.
I agree with what Abhinav said. Go for components in the front, maybe 3-way/4-way co-axials in the back. If things exceed your budget try a phase upgrade. Install things one by one and not everything at once.
here ricks have worst sound systmes, they play musics with heavy bass as well as treble but you can hardly hear vocals

Thread Starter #44
hey guys thanks for your suggestions. i took my car to radio ware house as suggested by few people. after inspecting my HU and speakers , they said a 4 channel amplifier and one sub 1100W is enough for my car.both JBL brand!!he said it would cost around 13k including all the wiring and stuff, he said all the wires used are branded ones. is it a good deal, any changes i should suggest him??

Top Bottom