Speakers and Subwoofer for Chevy Beat

Thread Starter #1
Can anyone suggest if we add a sub woofer under the seat for a beat?? The showroom guys were reluctant saying that it would take a lot of time and is risky.

What is TAI's opinion? Also, could you advise on the best 6 x 4 speakers for front and rear along with the cost?

Hmmm am not sure about that. Wait for members like Raj and Ilango to give their opinions.

And BTW mention your budget too.

10k only for the subwoofer or 10k for speakers as well?

the sub you are talking about is called a "shallow mount" sub & such subs are expensive, wont come in 10k.

why you want 6x4s in both front & rear? go for components in front & co-axials (6x4) in the rear. it will improve sound quality.

Thread Starter #6
10k only for the subwoofer or 10k for speakers as well?

the sub you are talking about is called a "shallow mount" sub & such subs are expensive, wont come in 10k.

why you want 6x4s in both front & rear? go for components in front & co-axials (6x4) in the rear. it will improve sound quality.
Hi Raj... I wouldnt mind spending 10k on just the speakers and then getting a sub woofer after sometime.

Can you suggest some good brands?

1) firstly, the stock HU will never give you the kind of quality music you are looking for, even with the best speakers.

2) I would advice you to go for component speakers in the front for better quality sound. Good brands in your budget are JBL, Illusion, Ground Zero, Kicker, Polk & Auditor.

3) For rear you can opt for co-axials.

4) If at all you are installing comps in front, it will need an amp, atleast a 2 channel amp.

5) I would suggest you go for a 4 channel amp so that it can power both your comps & your sub, which you may buy later. IMO, the best budget amps is from JBL. If you want some high end amps (which are not necessary for such speakers), you can opt for alpine, blaupunkt, rockford fosgate, etc.

right now, in 10k, i would ask you to buy-
1) front comps : 4-6k
2) 4 channel amp : 4-6k

Right now, let the rear speakers be. in you next upgrade, you can change the rear speakers & add a sub. save another 10k for that.

Dont forget wiring & installation cost. dont compromise on wiring, insist on branded wiring like JBL, Earthquake, Monster cables, Scosche, etc. Install a good quality fuse.

If after all this, you are not satisfied with the thump of the sub or the sound, you may need to change your HU!

Perfect advice Raj , Chevybeat go ahead with his advice.

Now one thing which i would like to share. I saw a guy with a sub in his i10 fitted to the stock player and i would say it was really good! Not good enough for show-off if the doors are closed and windows are rolled up but with the windows down i could hear the thump for a good 50m atleast!

So ChevyBeat , I don know how good the stock player is in your car but if you don want show-off type BASS or BOOM BOOM effect you can very well fit the sub to your stock player itself at a later stage.

hi Raj,

I have a Chevrolet beat LT, and planning to buy a Sony - XAV-68BT and want to upgrade my speakers as well.

plz suggest the right & best speakers for both front & rear, also mention the size that will best fit in. I am not looking for a sub woofer.

My suggestion

Hi,
I assume that you are looking for a budget ICE set up. If you already have a head unit, then
buy 6x9 Oval speakers for rear, on a mdf plank & then install a 2channel Pioneer/JBL amp along with a 12inch 1200watts JBL woofer in a box mount.

Plank: 550/-
Rear Oval 6x9 speakers = 3000/- approx

Woofer = 4000/-
Woofer box/ enclosure = 900/-

Amplifier 400W Pioneer/JBL = 4500/-

All the prices mentioned are 10% + or -
So for about 12000/- you can have a good set up.
If you want to add front speakers, it will cost you 900/- for a 4inch and 1800/- for a 6inch JBL 200W round speakers.

Re: My suggestion

Hi, like I mentioned. I don't want an woofer to fill all my cars rear space. I just need a decent 2 front and 2 rear speaker. Can you suggest.

Re: My suggestion

Hi, like I mentioned. I don't want an woofer to fill all my cars rear space. I just need a decent 2 front and 2 rear speaker. Can you suggest.
Then go for jbl or infinity components at front instead of woofer and power all speakers via Pioneer amp.

Top Bottom