Speaker Problem in Tata Indigo

Thread Starter #1
Hello all, here is a query on the speakers of my car.
I have a Indigo, which comes with 4 speakers in built, and with a provision for 2 more.
Earlier this month, I changed my pioneer CD Player by an after market USB Player. I encountered with 2 problems with this player change:

1. Once I turn on the ignition, the player starts and music is played. But once I turn on the engine and start driving, the player shuts down. Then when I shut off the engine and turn off the ignition, the player starts playing again.

2. After 15-20 minutes of playing music in the way mentioned above, sound from all the speakers lessens on its own and gets fully mute.

I had been to the workshop today for the 1st problem, and got it rectified. However the 2nd problem persists. The workshop person said that changing all 4 speakers will solve it. Somehow I could not understand it. Anyways, I have to change all 4, and my budget is very low (up to 2000/-). Which ones to go for?

Re: Speaker problem

I have a Indigo, which comes with 4 speakers in built, and with a provision for 2 more.
Earlier this month, I changed my pioneer CD Player by an after market USB Player. I encountered with 2 problems with this player change:

1. Once I turn on the ignition, the player starts and music is played. But once I turn on the engine and start driving, the player shuts down. Then when I shut off the engine and turn off the ignition, the player starts playing again.

2. After 15-20 minutes of playing music in the way mentioned above, sound from all the speakers lessens on its own and gets fully mute.

I had been to the workshop today for the 1st problem, and got it rectified. However the 2nd problem persists. The workshop person said that changing all 4 speakers will solve it. Somehow I could not understand it. Anyways, I have to change all 4, and my budget is very low (up to 2000/-). Which ones to go for?
Strange... Good the the 1 st problem is fixed. However, what was the issue? I could never guess anything [confused]

Thread Starter #3

The issue was with a part in the keyhole panel. I did not ask in detail, but a 300/- part was replaced. But the 2nd issue is still there. Could you suggest good speakers upto 2000/- ?

Not sure on point 2 as what could be the real problem behind it. However would suggest clarification from workshop guys as to why this problem is happening and what could be wrong in speaker's that could cause it. With this knowledge probably someone can guide you properly.

1st you through away that cheap aftermarket usb player. These things are looks very odd in cars and also does not have a sound quality.After hearing sometime ears will start to pain.
In our local language there is a saying, If you can buy an elephant, why not a chain to tie?

Buy a good branded CD/Mp3 player at around Rs.4.5K and shop owner will fix it for free too.

Top Bottom