Speaker Box for Car - By Using Wooden Drawer

Thread Starter #1
Hi all,
This is my first DIY, so pretty excited [:D]

I failed to mount the speakers in the card board pads of my Maruti 800 so I had to remove the speakers for sometime. I had spoilt one of the two pads in the dikki area so dint want to mount the speakers there.

Just took an old unused drawer and made space for the speakers and painted it. The following pictures will show the steps.
1.jpg
Drill holes that is just wide enough to allow the magnets behind the speakers to go through them. I had no special tools, except for the hand drill so drilled a lot
2.jpg
Once you have finished drilling the round shape, brake the gap between the holes using some sharp object along with hammer
3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg
Paint the wooden box (only which ever side is visible), I had some white spray cans which I bought for the steel rims, later I dropped that idea, thanks to a good advice from a fellow TAI member [:)]

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg
Detach the handle and the thick wooden piece next to it

15.jpg
This is how it looks in my car & it does not rattle! Luckily the size of the box is slightly smaller than the gap between the hatch door pad & back side of seats.

Yes, it does tend to jump around a bit when the car runs over big humps. Any easy way to avoid it? please let me know.

I use the car for only 400 - 500kms in a month and I dont carry much luggage so this DIY has helped me put back the ICE in its place. I also removed the old wiring (from HU to rear speakers), it had some joints in between. And replace it with full length jointless wires (approx - 7mtrs Rs.50/-)

Sorry dont have pictures showing replacing the wires. The next step is to heighten this box with some cutting on the sides and adding leds. Where do I take the wiring for LEDs to work at night?

Hope the moderators approve it and you all like it.

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, You should close the entire box so that you get powerful punchy sound.
Anyways, Excellent idea, Nice DIY!
Cheers.

Now I also plan to remove all the drawers from the Computer table, Study, Dressing table :lol!: (kidding)

And, You can use some double sided tape at the bottom of the drawer, err, box, to stick it in the Boot (Stupid Idea!)
Either, Get some thing (Some Blocks of wood) to fill the gap between the Back side of rear seat and the dikki area so that it touches both the sides tightly. :)
Maybe this can help.

Cheers.

This is how it looks in my car & it does not rattle! Luckily the size of the box is slightly smaller than the gap between the hatch door pad & back side of seats.

Yes, it does tend to jump around a bit when the car runs over big humps. Any easy way to avoid it? please let me know.
Actually I have kept my internet modem in the bottom of the shelf using old belt. You can use the same method for holding ur box tightly as explained at the image

Hold your box.JPG

If posible you try with your old belt or tape something like that.

lxi.

Suspended
@Sethumurugan , Wont the sound from the Speakers get obstructed when there will be a Belt/Tape over it?

Where would the Screws be drilled in the Dikki area?

LXi. I just suggested a method. I did the same method for something else at home but not in car till date. So sorry.

But to answer your question, you can have the belt in such a way that it does not over the sepeakers, may be at both ends, where i can see some space.

The screws can be drilled to the part which covers the spare wheel. I think there will be a board kind of stuff. I had it in my m800.

Just a suggestion. It might work or not.

Happy if it works. Sorry if it does not work.

lxi.

Suspended
LXi. I just suggested a method. I did the same method for something else at home but not in car till date. So sorry.
No problem buddy!

But to answer your question, you can have the belt in such a way that it does not over the sepeakers, may be at both ends, where i can see some space.

The screws can be drilled to the part which covers the spare wheel. I think there will be a board kind of stuff. I had it in my m800.

Just a suggestion. It might work or not.

Happy if it works. Sorry if it does not work
Yes, A board stuff is there in M800. Yes, It can be a possible thing that belt is placed at a point that it does not obstruct the speakers. Hope it will work.

Thats a good honest effort ss80,why dont you strap it on to the back rest(boot side) of the rear seat like how huge amplifiers are kept,so you can still keep some luggage when you want.

lxi.

Suspended
Sethu, You are also a good DIYer!
The pics make it more clear what you wanted to say.
Yes, This is also a possible method!

Sethu, You are also a good DIYer!
The pics make it more clear what you wanted to say.
Yes, This is also a possible method!
Thank you LXi for that. [embarass]

Eventhough I have done some reasonable things at home [ from cover to my fish tank with lighting, some lighting at pooja cup board etc etc ] I could not do much in my car. I think still am scared of something.

Even when i had my M800 I wanted to do something which inspired by Mr. Varun, only thing I was able to do was LED lighting under dash board [ that to with the help of electrician since I was not sure about wiring structure ]

I think I have to do atleast a small DIY in my spark.

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended
Your most welcome Sethu.
Yes, You can add LED lighting under dash board and even the Front Seats (So that light falls on the rear seat legroom). You can change your parking lamps to LEDs and Rear Number Plate Bulbs to LEDs. Debadge the car with only "+" (Chevrolet) logo on it!
You can do small DIYs in your spark like Changing the Cabin Lamp bulb to BIG ones like converting the Headlights to HIDs. Yes, Varun is a nice DIYer in TAI, He has done lots of LED DIY works in his M800.

OT : Where is your Spark's ownership thread? Eh?
Cheers.

Your most welcome Sethu.
Yes, You can add LED lighting under dash board and even the Front Seats So that light falls on the rear seat legroom).
You can change your parking lamps to LEDs and Rear Number Plate Bulbs to LEDs.
Iam planing to do this by next month

Debadge the car with only "+" (Chevrolet) logo on it!
I do not understand this

You can do small DIYs in your spark like Changing the Cabin Lamp
Already have LED which looks amazing. I can see lot of people see my car like anything when ever the light is on.

Headlights to HIDs.
I am thinking of it.

OT : Where is your Spark's ownership thread? Eh?
Cheers.
Iam not so good in writing. eventhough after seeing lot of ownership reviews I had started but could n't finish it. Let me try and post it as early as possible for sure.

lxi.

Suspended
Yes, Do post an Ownership Review.

The Debadging of the car means-
Removing the Badges (Like you will have "Chevrolet" "Spark" "LS") from the rear.
It gives the car a fat and clean rear look!

Search "Debadged cars" on google and you will find it.

Top Bottom