Sound From Rear Speakers

Thread Starter #1
Guys,

I have two speakers in front and two speakers in rear. Do not have much idea about the front but the back is pioneer 250W oval speakers.

spekaers.JPG

Product features

• IMPP Cone Woofer
  • PEI (Poly-Ether Imide) Balanced Dome Tweeter with Neodymium Magnet and Magnetic Fluid
  • Polyimide Voice Coil Bobbin

Specification:

• Size 6"X 9" (163 X 237 mm), CONE
  • Max. Music Power (Nominal) 250W (35W)
  • Frequency Response 62-2400 Hz
  • Sensitivity (1 W/1 m) 90dB
  • Impedance 4 OHM
  • Mounting Depth 69.3(mm)
  • Cut-Out Dimensions 153 X 222 (mm)

The problem is always sound of the front speakers is more than rear speakers. Some times I feel that the rear speakers is not exists. Now a days always I try FAD option to keep the rear in high than the front. Then it seems to be okie.

Can some one help me on this?

Sethu

Re: Sound of the rear speakers

Its because in your car both the speakers are placed on one side.

Use fader settings in your HU set it to Rear so that you can hear the music from Rear speakers.

Thread Starter #3

Its because in your car both the speakers are placed on one side.

Use fader settings in your HU set it to Rear so that you can hear the music from Rear speakers.
Varun, Yes as of now I am managing with Fader settings in HU. For example I will set REAR ones to 8/10. then I can enjoy the both the speakers [rear one has those base effect nicely]

And i presume having speakers together will have effect on stereo not in entire volume. if am wrong pls correct.

Sethu Sir, first of all i would like to know why have you placed the rear speakers like that?
The main culprit for your problem is the wrong placement of speakers. BTW looks like you aint an Audiophile, since 250W is too less for the thump.

Sethu Sir, first of all i would like to know why have you placed the rear speakers like that?
The main culprit for your problem is the wrong placement of speakers. BTW looks like you aint an Audiophile, since 250W is too less for the thump.
As Sethu's car is lpg, the spare tire is fitted behind the seat so that the speaker can't be fitted.

Thread Starter #6

Sethu Sir, first of all i would like to know why have you placed the rear speakers like that? The main culprit for your problem is the wrong placement of speakers.
Answer as given by Varun
As Sethu's car is lpg, the spare tire is fitted behind the seat so that the speaker can't be fitted.
BTW looks like you aint an Audiophile, since 250W is too less for the thump.
Yes Akash I love music but not a banging one. I don't even have tweeter in my car since it will make my head ache immediately.
For 250W speakers there where two reasons. Actually my friend gave me set of speakers which I can use. He said it is a new unused one. But when I fix that in my car it started giving all kind of nasty noises. Since the speaker was available I could not meet the immediate raise in the budget. If this happen just 30 minutes back I would have stopped reverse camera. But by the time the guy told me about the speakers everything was done. So I had to go for the one whatever my budget allows.

Okie if i ask you what I can go for? if possible to exchange I will go for another one. [I think I should get permission from my wife since she hate SOUND]

you can try fixing the rear speakers in a separate enclosure. this may solve the low volume at rear problem.
like this
Capture.JPG

pic source: Tata nano website

Thread Starter #10

well, in the picture you see the speakers are fixed on a separate box. these speaker box can be kept on the rear parcel tray so that there will not be a problem with the spare wheels. hope you understood
Yes. I understand. I even thought of the same thing. I need to have a good carpenter who can do that. In that case I need to change the entire parcel trey. Or should do the following

reduce the cut from red to yellow with additional wood. and also block the current speaker holes. so that they become flat one.

Photo0271-1.jpg

and do a enclosure like this and fix it.

So i need not to go for a entire change of parcel trey.

Anyone knows anyone in Chennai who can help me?

BTW Sai, how you are saying by adding an enclosure for speaker will solve the sound issue? do you mean to say all are having in separate enclosure? and should there be open beneath the enclosure in parcel trey?

Last edited:

Yes. I understand. I even thought of the same thing. I need to have a good carpenter who can do that. In that case I need to change the entire parcel trey. Or should do the following

reduce the cut from red to yellow with additional wood. and also block the current speaker holes. so that they become flat one.

View attachment 69458

and do a enclosure like this and fix it.

So i need not to go for a entire change of parcel trey.

Anyone knows anyone in Chennai who can help me?

BTW Sai, how you are saying by adding an enclosure for speaker will solve the sound issue? do you mean to say all are having in separate enclosure? and should there be open beneath the enclosure in parcel trey?
there is a shop on the way to chinthamani , from there i got rear speaker pads for my uncle's santro. you can visit there and ask them . but its good if you change it to a new one.
i feel the pvc pipes are making noise.

Thread Starter #12

Sai there is no noise in the setup. only problem is rear is less volume in normal mode [FAD = 0] So I manage it in FAD = Rear to 8 to 10 somewhere.

Try to get Rockford oval or kicker speakers they are extremely good.

for fronth two try to install componant ones again rockford or kicker.

Regards,
Adi

Sai there is no noise in the setup. only problem is rear is less volume in normal mode [FAD = 0] So I manage it in FAD = Rear to 8 to 10 somewhere.
please mention your HU brand and model no,
the problem is with the misaligned setup , may be

check for one more thing. keep fader full rear and increase the volume from 0. if you still feel some thing strange your speaker polarities are reversed

Thread Starter #15

please mention your HU brand and model no, the problem is with the misaligned setup , may be
Please have a look at this post for HU details and its picture.

HU XCT-DVU-165 Features

• Flip down panel
  • Max Power : 4x50 Watts
  • DVD/VCD/MP4 / CDDA / MP3 / WMA / JPEG Receiver
  • OR - CDDA/MP3/WMA/JPEG Receiver
  • USB Port-Front
  • AUX In–Front
  • SD/MMC Card Reader
  • ESP and Anti shock Mechanism
  • Full function wireless Remote Control included
  • AM/FM Tuner
  • 2 Channel Preout
  • 2 Video out
  • Sub out
  • TV System Support : NTSC/PAL
  • Mobile Charging Compatibility

I do not understand the following features

• OR - CDDA/MP3/WMA/JPEG Receiver
  • ESP and Anti shock Mechanism
  • 2 Channel Preout
  • Sub out
  • Mobile Charging Compatibility

check for one more thing. keep fader full rear and increase the volume from 0. if you still feel some thing strange your speaker polarities are reversed
I did and nothing wrong in it. changing the polarities will help? why iam asking this is, i can change it easily since i have used plugs [ordinary electrical male-female plugs] for connecting speakers with HU. Will post some pics tomorrow if possible.

Last edited:

Top Bottom