Sound Damping: Queries and Discussions

Just read somewhere about full body damping. Which all places will be done with damping in this type?
Any idea about the costs, say for a hatch? Is it VFM?

Where do we get the damping material in coimbatore and in mangalore,karnataka
for my dads manza?

i am learning so much about cars, about ice, etc. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: What is Installation with Damping?

we have ambassadoor mark3 car with matadoor engine . which put out a loud sound any idea for damping this car .
-----------Next Post-----------
ilangoo where in coimbatore is ur showroom when i visit coimbatore will definetely visit u for advice

Last edited:
Re: What is Damping and How Does it Helps?

Just read somewhere about full body damping. Which all places will be done with damping in this type?
bonnet lid, boot lid, all doors.

Where do we get the damping material in coimbatore and in mangalore,karnataka
for my dads manza s.
TASS can do it .It is mentioned in owners mannual of Manza in' value added service' section.
It cost me Rs 2600 for manza in Jan 12.

I got damping done a few months after installing the ICE, thanks to the rattling sounds in the boot because of my woofer and front doors because of components. It costed me around 5.3k for damping 3 doors - boot door and 2 front doors with dynamat. If anyone is planning to damp the whole car would suggest buying the full damping sheet sets from ebay and installing it yourself as it will workout much cheaper.
I should say now i am very happy with the results as the rattling is almost non-existent. [clap]

Does dynamat really work?

Hi,

Intrigued by this. Read a lot about people damping their doors to reduce external. Sound and make the ICE sound better. Its expensive - 1.1k per sqft. I want to know where it is to be used, especially since i have no door speakers and does it really make the inside quieter?

Ameyam

OK got it. But are there any installers around Dadar, mumbai who can do this for me?

Ameyam

Re: Please Suggest Speakers for Polo

Hi,

I am looking to install the Dampening in my VW Polo in Nagpur. Anybody have a idea about a decent installer in the city?

Abhay

Hello Friends,

I have installed CTK Sound Damping Sheets on my friend's Suzuki Baleno car and thought to share my quick review and snapshots here. So we were looking for sound damping sheets to reduce road noise and improve sound effects of aftermarket speakers (Infinity Reference & Coaxial Series). Found three different reputed brands, i-copper, Hamman and CTK. Ruled out Hamman because its made of Tar instead of Butyl to resist high temperatures but Butyl is most preferred material used for sound damping and the brand has no reviews on Amazon. In i-copper there are two models, 2mm which is made of Butyl + Aluminum and 7mm that includes foam also. There are several positive reviews on Amazon and seems like a good product but it is a china make and durability/longevity is unknown. As of CTK, it is a Ukraine brand who makes sound damping, insulation and other types of sheets for automotive and industrial uses. Motor Concept Delhi sell these CTK brand sound damping sheets which costs 7k for 8 sheets (Standard Model, Size 500x700mm, Thickness 1.8mm) including shipping. We went ahead and ordered the same. Quality is excellent and temperature resistance upto +130c. All 8 sheets weight upto 10KG so approx 1.25 KG each.

Yesterday we have damped the doors and it took whole day for all four doors installation. First removed the door panels and discarded factory plastic sheet. Cleaned the inner and outer panels using APC and IPA. Measured the application area using ruler, cut the damping sheets using utility knife and applied it. My friend made a roller tool in his factory and it helped very much but in the inner most, I had to hand press only. On the outer panel, I have covered large and small holes using damping sheets. Kindly note: Ambient temperature should be 30c max when applying and hot air gun shouldn't be used. Nearly 6 and half sheets were used for applying on all four doors so approx 2 KG on each door. Remaining sheets can be used for rear door and rear quarter panel.

Now after the installation, doors feel and sound very much different. The heaviness and thud noise when tapped on outer panels, like those Skoda cars. Window glass sides smooth and noiseless. Speakers effect has improved especially the bass. However, I didn't drive the car to check road noise and yet to hear the same from my friend. With this good experience, I also to want to damp my Honda City 09' car doors and will probably get it done by this year end.

Here are snapshots:
CR_CTK_Damping_Sheets_01.JPG CR_CTK_Damping_Sheets_02.JPG CR_CTK_Damping_Sheets_03.JPG CR_CTK_Damping_Sheets_04.JPG CR_CTK_Damping_Sheets_05.JPG CR_CTK_Damping_Sheets_06.JPG CR_Roller.JPG

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Top Bottom