Sony Xperia Tipo or HTC Explorer

Thread Starter #47
I have checked all the phones available in the market. [:)]
So from your suggestion:
Nokia Lumia 610/HTC Desire C - Out of Budget
Nokia Lumia 510 - considered it in my list but dropped it after hearing some limitations about user capability. Not suitable for heavy users as the phone doesn't have much specification!

I have checked all the phones available in the market. [:)]
So from your suggestion:
Nokia Lumia 610/HTC Desire C - Out of Budget
Nokia Lumia 510 - considered it in my list but dropped it after hearing some limitations about user capability. Not suitable for heavy users as the phone doesn't have much specification!
Jihu,

You are right it seems the Lumia range has some limitations !! So Explorer looks a better buy, but it is bit old model when you compare it with Sony Tipo, but I have seen Tipo not impressive to me[:)],

I have also started the thread for a Android phone and I am checking the HTC desire C and others, please put your opinions on that thread please

Thread Starter #49
Jihu,

You are right it seems the Lumia range has some limitations !! So Explorer looks a better buy, but it is bit old model when you compare it with Sony Tipo, but I have seen Tipo not impressive to me[:)],

I have also started the thread for a Android phone and I am checking the HTC desire C and others, please put your opinions on that thread please
Yeah, the explorer is a bit old but that seems the best of the lot. The main reason for avoidance of Tipo is its various issues. Still the problems with the phone isn't rectified & happens to some of the new customers too after 1 or 2 months. I can't take risk. If I can, then I would have gone for Karbonn or Micromax :tongue:.
I will surely look onto that thread coz I have searched a lot on the market & have a good knowledge now. :tongue:

My sister's Tipo have generated some weird issue. Whenever, she is talking to some one on phone, the other person gets own echo back. [surprise]

She have already been to Service Centres, and they claimed to fix it, but it have crop up again.

She will be visiting them back, and lets hope it is rectified. [clap]

My sister's Tipo have generated some weird issue. Whenever, she is talking to some one on phone, the other person gets own echo back.

She have already been to Service Centres, and they claimed to fix it, but it have crop up again.

She will be visiting them back, and lets hope it is rectified.
Hahahahah, Dharmesh , own sound for free[lol], hmm for these type of reasons I am away from Sony, Samsung is a good bet anytime and Nokia too, there are too many brands in the market but, Samsung sell like hot cake like Maruti[:)]

See this is what is called brand perception.

Few years ago, no one was even ready to buy Samsung, and now these are selling like hot cakes. Because every one is buying it.

I have used Sony mobile in past as well, no issues with it.

1. I had W700I from 2008 to 2010 June (it is still with me as spare mobile.)
  2. My sis had Zylo. (Mom is using it as she bought Tipo)
  3. Wife had Zylo. (Still with me as spare mobile)
  4. Wife having Experia Neo V
  5. Sis having Tipo

Out of all the mentioned mobiles only the piece that my wife had problem (because she banged it many times due to anger. [:D]) and my sister's new one having issue, and hoping to resolve it soon. The problem can be corp up to any one.

And to re iterate on this. at 10K Tipo is giving ICS and better features than any other mobile at that price range.(of course I am not including Karbon and Micromax).

For me Sony is like FIAT, Everyone wants to own one, but only few have courage to do so. [clap]

I am sorry Dharmesh, if my post was bit harsh about Sony.

My first gsm phone was sony very basic silver one and after that few w series and few S series phones. They were excellent in everything and sound quality was amazing, only I have come to know when I started using some nokia models where battery life is more with same capacity of battery, then switched to samsung since last 4 years and used 2 models from them and I am quite satisfactory with all the aspects of it.

Sony is a good brand and I need to check their more models in showroom, hopefully I will do that in Delhi along with nokia,samsung,htc and others

Thread Starter #55
My sister's Tipo have generated some weird issue. Whenever, she is talking to some one on phone, the other person gets own echo back. [surprise]

She will be visiting them back, and lets hope it is rectified. [clap]
Oh. I hope it gets rectified soon!
Infact, sony is a very good phone & lasts long too. I always had been fond of Sony but I am hesitated a bit about this particular model. :stupid:
It depends on different people. As you said, its like FIAT!

The problem in the phone gets resolved. Actually there was no problem with the phone, but was with the rubber cover she was using. Some how I think so rubber cover was blocking the voice from ear piece , so it was getting echoed to the person on other side. We tested it without cover and with cover and found the solution to the problem. SO now she is using her mobile happily but with out any external protection.

Sometimes in life, what we think as a problem is not actually a problem. [:D][clap]

Last edited:
The problem in the phone gets resolved. Actually there was no problem with the phone, but was with the rubber cover she was using. Some how I think so rubber cover was blocking the voice from ear piece , so it was getting echoed to the person on other side. We tested it without cover and with cover and found the solution to the problem. SO now she is using her mobile happily but with out any external protection.

Sometimes in life, what think as a problem is not actually a problem.
Hahahahahha good one Dharmesh !!

I have seen lot of people using external covers of different type, but most of them will obstruct signals and voice too !!

Do you know something most of the problems are created by us [clap][lol]

Sometimes in life, what we think as a problem is not actually a problem. [:D][clap]
its better to use the original covers ( min 300rs). the cheap 50rs ones doesnt come with the proper holes for mic and speaker. remember Sony will be having 2 mics, so check if you have proper holes for both the mic. its better to get from flipkart, im using NCase cover , got from flipkart for my sony Xperia U, no probs so far.

Top Bottom