Sony Xperia Tipo or HTC Explorer

Just bought the Xperia Tipo Dual.Its a first Smart phone for me,So getting used to it.The one thing i find annoying with this phone is the unlock the phone.To unlock there's a small button on top.Press it for a second the the screen comes in,then one can unlock it.One has to do this every time to unlock the phone.Everything other thing is good.

Thread Starter #17
They will last. But be sure to use it very carefully. :tongue:
BTW what was your budget? If you are able to stretch it to 12K, you will get good phone with awesome dev. support.
Well, what do you actually mean by use it carefully? [;)]
I did a lot research on it & what I found is, it is not reliable especially since this would be my primary phone. If someone is looking it as a secondary phone, then it would be perfect!

Just bought the Xperia Tipo Dual.Its a first Smart phone for me,So getting used to it.The one thing i find annoying with this phone is the unlock the phone.To unlock there's a small button on top.Press it for a second the the screen comes in,then one can unlock it.One has to do this every time to unlock the phone.Everything other thing is good.
So you are sure that there isn't anything wrong with the touchscreen? Just try the pattern lock feature. It shows whether the touchsreen is fine or not!
If it is working perfectly, then you are one of the lucky owner of Sony Xperia Tipo.

I faced this problem of the pattern lock only once.Took many tries, then only the phone unlocked.Cleaned the surface of any oily texture ,it worked fine afterwards.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I faced this problem of the pattern lock only once.Took many tries, then only the phone unlocked.Cleaned the surface of any oily texture ,it worked fine afterwards.
to test if screen is working fine or not , dial *#*#7378423#*#* and select service test > touchscreen.

Jihu

Do not try with the brands like MAXX,carbon,Lava,micromax, they are not reliable for long time use and important thing is they emit lot of radiation levels. That is the reason they are very cheap in the market

@Dharmesh,

Few questions for you

1.What is the on road price of it[;)]

2. How is the sensitivity of touch screen.

3. How is the battery back up

4. How is the processor speed

5. How is the call clarity,

@Dharmesh,

Few questions for you

1.What is the on road price of it[;)]
Rs.10,399

2. How is the sensitivity of touch screen.
It is good, My wife have Xperia Neo V and both have good screen. Touch is also good. I have not yet used any other mobile so cannot compare it with others.

3. How is the battery back up
Battery can easily work for 2 days, if you disable your data services. Because that uses lot of battery to get the updates of the installed apps. To improve battery life there several android apps also available for free.

4. How is the processor speed
Not a pro in this, but there is no log when multiple apps, games are opened. Pretty decent is would say.

5. How is the call clarity
It is really good.[:D]
Answers in BOLD.

Thanks Dharmesh

Is this a android one ??

This being offered for some Rs.9,300 in Hyderabad during Diwali offers.

How about accessing TAI !! mobile application, have you tried it

Thanks Dharmesh

Is this a android one ??

This being offered for some Rs.9,300 in Hyderabad during Diwali offers.

How about accessing TAI !! mobile application, have you tried it
Yes this is Android.

Sorry I forgot to mention that one we bought is dual SIM , that's the reason for Rs.1000 more than normal one.

No I haven't tried accessing TAI app from mobile. Will definitely give it a try. [:D]

Thread Starter #26
Oh. That's good to hear! [clap]

to test if screen is working fine or not , dial *#*#7378423#*#* and select service test > touchscreen.
Is this the same for all android devices?

Jihu

Do not try with the brands like MAXX,carbon,Lava,micromax, they are not reliable for long time use and important thing is they emit lot of radiation levels. That is the reason they are very cheap in the market
Yeah, I know that the radiation level is high. But if that's the case then I would have start using the earphones more often! And also, Explorer's SAR value is very less when compared to other phones.

I recently bought TIPO for my sis and it is working seamlessly, without any issues as of now.
congrats buddy. Thanks for building up my confidence! [:)]

Jihu, first tell what all you need in the phone/what are you going to use it for. Then we might be able to select the best phone.

Thread Starter #28
Jihu, first tell what all you need in the phone/what are you going to use it for. Then we might be able to select the best phone.
hmm, okay!

Features Needed: Wifi, 3G, Good Browsing experience, Good gaming (well, low end phones don't support high quality games but still need something which can handle some games), Android (love apps)... Well, they are my main requirements.. I am least concerned about the cam!

hmm, okay!

Features Needed: Wifi, 3G, Good Browsing experience, Good gaming (well, low end phones don't support high quality games but still need something which can handle some games), Android (love apps)... Well, they are my main requirements.. I am least concerned about the cam!
Well, don't go for Explorer anyways. Tipo would be far better but still if Could you could wait, it'll be much better. And please tell me the max. budget.

Thread Starter #30
Well, don't go for Explorer anyways. Tipo would be far better but still if Could you could wait, it'll be much better. And please tell me the max. budget.
Well, I have been waiting all these while. So, waiting probably ain't a problem. My max. budget can't go anywhere beyond 10k. 8k sounds fine to me.
Right now, considering Tipo, Explorer & Karbonn a7+ :tongue:

Top Bottom