Someone Cracked My Polo's Windshield. Need Advice.

is it some manufacturing / fitment flaw that 2 cars having the same type of crack at the same site. do check it out with other polo owners. if its so you could claim replacement under warranty from vw.

Thread Starter #17
smoothrider - not sure if its a flaw, but I got a good monday morning present when I sat inside.all in all,the whole mood of driving the car went off as as soon as I saw that. But one good thing is i was just 500mts from my office otherwise it would have been a sick leave today. :P

smoothrider - not sure if its a flaw, but I got a good monday morning present when I sat inside.all in all,the whole mood of driving the car went off as as soon as I saw that. But one good thing is i was just 500mts from my office otherwise it would have been a sick leave today. :P
No, it doesn't seem to be manufacturing defect. My polo doesn't have it and rejeev's is the only one I have across as yet.
Can you see any other clue, like dent or stone mark, may be something has fallen over it. I don't think its due to heating up of glass either coz I have parked mine under severe hot conditions in Delhi throughout office hours but never observed such thing.
It would really be interesting to figure out how it happened.
Keep us updated on how you replaced the windshield.

Thread Starter #20
rightnow - i think someone might have thrown something on the windshield cause I can see kind of a mark on the same.
Fusion - not sure how they are gonna repair this small crack. Any ideas??and even if they repair this wouldnt the crack still be seen or am I getting all this incorrect.

rightnow - i think someone might have thrown something on the windshield cause I can see kind of a mark on the same.
Fusion - not sure how they are gonna repair this small crack. Any ideas??and even if they repair this wouldnt the crack still be seen or am I getting all this incorrect.
I checked their site: Windshield Repair, Auto Glass and Auto Safety Glass Replacement Services Center India

Also see this: Repair or replace?
They replace that damaged portion of the windshield with a new rectangular shape of similar kind of glass material which must involve sophisticated gluing procedure. After going through above link, it seems that they can easily cut that cracked part and replace with another. I assume the price would not be much. I think you should give them a call.

Call up Windshield Experts. They are a division of Indo Asahi and cost at most 50% of the co service centre. Service is excellent. They have an 1800 no which I cannot locate at the moment.

Added
1800-102-6364

The site is

http://www.windshieldexperts.com/

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i don't think his scratch is replaceable.

the link you gave says " diameter less than 1.5"

and the 6 categories , it doesn't fit in any.

i don't think his scratch is replaceable.
the link you gave says " diameter less than 1.5"
and the 6 categories , it doesn't fit in any.
I thought so too, but I think the link shows 'worst case scenarios', any damage lighter than the six categories can be repaired I guess. Rajeev's damage seems to be lighter than these categories.
Not sure about 1.5 inch thing, may be this is only applicable for six categories and not for a straight line sort of crack. He really needs to talk to them!!

Thread Starter #25
rightnow,allhyundai,sgiitk - i think i ll go with windshield experts itself and i can claim insurance through them only. Its better i change the glass because i just noticed some MF Hussain(no offence) has happily drawn something on the front glass. I have already dropped in a mail with them and hope to contact them soon.

To put things is perspective I paid 11000 for my Civic windscreen while I think it costs about 20k in the HASS. The glass is identical with the same markings (Honda uses Indo Asahi) except the H logo is missing. Also, the quality of work is exemplary.

Thread Starter #27
if thats the case i will go to them itself. And also, sgiitk, could you tell me how much time it took for them to change the glass of your civic??

Thread Starter #29
ok i just came back from windshield experts and they would be charging me 6500 for the glass including the labour and everything. I will have to pay up initially from my own pocket and the insurance people would re-imburse the money into my account in 15 days or so. I have asked them to give me in writing if the insurance people will actually do that. Anyways could not change the glass today as the insurance guys are on leave for the festival thing. So would be done only day after tomorrow. They were initially asking me to go for some brand called FOYO or something..I insisted on AIS Asahi and they told they ll do it on Thursday.

ok i just came back from windshield experts and they would be charging me 6500 for the glass including the labour and everything. I will have to pay up initially from my own pocket and the insurance people would re-imburse the money into my account in 15 days or so. I have asked them to give me in writing if the insurance people will actually do that. Anyways could not change the glass today as the insurance guys are on leave for the festival thing. So would be done only day after tomorrow. They were initially asking me to go for some brand called FOYO or something..I insisted on AIS Asahi and they told they ll do it on Thursday.
Same with me, when I told them I have royal sundaram insurance, they said, you can claim it after you pay the full amount. For TATA AIG or Bharti axa no need to pay in full, the claim agent can give them a go ahead upfront before starting the work. So i chose to get it done in MASS

Top Bottom