Some Problems with Car Battery (Solved)

Thread Starter #1
Hello, back to the forum after long time, this time with another [frustration] problem.
This time the problem is with the battery, the Battery Charging Light glows for a long time, up to 5-6 minutes after starting driving. A few more bugs observed with this problem are:

1. While accelerating, with all windows rolled up, I can hear current passing through the dashboard and left-front door area.
2. Shock is felt while closing and opening of the front doors.
3. Music system cannot be played as it does not get the power supply while the car is being driven, it can be after the engine is switched off.
4. Mine is an exide battery, installed in May 2010, and my use of Music System and cabin lights is very minimal.
5. Central Locking is also faulty, in as much as the driver seat door does not lock at times.

Re: Battery problem.

Did you do fit any kind of musical/lighting recently?

These symptoms most obviously point to a faulty wiring or/broken power supply which is in contact with other metal parts. Better to do a complete electrical check up at the earliest to be safer.

The risk range starts from just a blown fuse to even fire hazard by a possilbe short circuit.

That means battery is charging only and not discharging.

Get the alternator voltage checked.

It must be well within 12 V.

Lol shock cannot be felt as it's DC(Direct Current).

Whatever shock that you get after a long drive is static current.

Thread Starter #5

No, nothing new is fitted.
Most probably it might be faulty wiring. Will check it tomorrow and get it rectified, and post the cause and corrective measures along with cost.

It might be the fault of the central locking or the music system..

Check whether any speaker wire is touching the body, here as and when you turn on the ignition the wire is getting short, I guess this is the problem..
Hence music system is not working..

Hello, back to the forum after long time, this time with another [frustration] problem.
This time the problem is with the battery, the Battery Charging Light glows for a long time, up to 5-6 minutes after starting driving. A few more bugs observed with this problem are:

1. While accelerating, with all windows rolled up, I can hear current passing through the dashboard and left-front door area.
2. Shock is felt while closing and opening of the front doors.
3. Music system cannot be played as it does not get the power supply while the car is being driven, it can be after the engine is switched off.
4. Mine is an exide battery, installed in May 2010, and my use of Music System and cabin lights is very minimal.
5. Central Locking is also faulty, in as much as the driver seat door does not lock at times.
Does the battery/alternator at fault light goes off sometime later? please refer this thread for the correct meaning of this light.http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-car-s-instrument-cluster-warning-lights.html

for 2 this is definitely static as quoted by mukeshus, while not exactly correct on the dc shock (no offences) :) Electric shock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and car current is way above mA's

For 3 the music system does not turns on when driving is strange as you can turn it on when not. Electrical crossroads definitely, get them checked

For 4 a May 2010 battery can be replaced, check with the dealer if the battery is faulty.

For 5 it can be a faulty Actuator and it can also be the root cause of the main problem if its is shorting.

Thread Starter #8
Re: Some Problems with Battery

Checked the battery and wiring.

1. The current flow (shock) in the left-front door was due to the left speaker wire touching metal parts. The problem is corrected.

2. Battery is okay and no problem there.

3. CD Player [Pioneer] is itself faulty, and needs to be replaced (Suggestions?).

4. Total costs incurred Rs 100/-

Re: Some Problems with Car Battery

Start a new thread under the respective section buddy. Our ICE gurus will help you out with your new HU.

Re: Some Problems with Car Battery

Glad that the problem is gone :) mods if you feel, please change the title to resolved for the benefit of others who come in through internet searches.

Top Bottom