Snake in Engine Compartment!

Oh !! tricky situation buddy !! upon all the suggestions, you can do this if you don't mind burning some fuel.

Just start the vehicle, open all the doors and boot. Let it run for 15 to 20 minutes and I am sure it will come out if at all it is there some where. Do this parking the vehicle in a bit clear area and bit hot sun

Thread Starter #19
Oh !! tricky situation buddy !! upon all the suggestions, you can do this if you don't mind burning some fuel.

Just start the vehicle, open all the doors and boot. Let it run for 15 to 20 minutes and I am sure it will come out if at all it is there some where. Do this parking the vehicle in a bit clear area and bit hot sun
Will try this, hopefully it should have gone by now.

Check the boot space he might have crawled through the body due to heat . It happend with my uncle's M800
ASC said only way into car from outside id thru ac vents. so nothing to fear

Snake in a Car

Is it possible for a small snake to enter the cabin of a car from the engine side?
BTW, I drive an i10.

[lol] Carbolic Acid Spray and use Dried Red Chilli Smoke from below will keep it running. 20 years back we have snakes in our kitchen, but never faced this one - will be careful from today, we have a huge pond in front of our garage, it's a rainy season, it can happen anywhere.

Hmm... 7 months have been passed since the thread is started. Either the snake has left the car (in search of the food) or passed away due to completion of the life cycle.

Possibility of snake entering in the engine compartment is there whenever it sees a rat entering there.

I use thymate (Phorate) crystals(approx 60 Rs for half kg, available in any agro shop), the crystals when dropped on the ground, it's smell spreads 5 feet above and 5 feet away from the place where it is dropped, expels all crawling and living organisms from the area covered by the smell. I use it to drop it around my building to expel the rats, frogs, lizards and snakes away from the premises. Results are seen with in few minutes.

In this case, 20 grams of the crystals needs to be dropped around and bellow the car(without touching the car & endangering the life) , snake should run away within few minutes. Later on one can sweep away the crystals with a broom.

Last edited:
I have an i10, I just saw a snake crawl up through the front mesh into the engine section. What do i do to get rid of it. I tried kicking tyres, running engine, spraying water through the mesh, driving around.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
The snake might be scary now (since you started the engine) and possibly will not come out. Also settling inside the bay, it will feel some comfort in this cold season.

See if you can open the bonnet may be by using sticks or rods and see if you can see the snake (make sure the snake is still there as in some cases the snakes though entered in engine bay during day time may go out in the night).

Keep the bonnet open for a couple of hours and see if it is coming out Also try other methods mentioned in previous posts by our members.

If nothing works, then you may have to call a snake catcher or forest department people.

Top Bottom