Smart Phone Applications Reviews

Re: Android Applications Reviews

Haven't seen anyone mentioning TrueCaller . If you happen to get a call from an unknow number most of the times it would actually tell you the name of the person with home the number is registered and also the location . However there are limitations like if the number has not been registered .
TrueCaller works on its own, this is what most of my friends family group have found,it works like a charm and it doesnt work at all, it shows the details of the unknown caller and it doesnt as well.The limitations you are saying works like this, if this unknown caller is in the list of any of your contact list, it would show the same name as which your contact list people have saved his name,thats first search, second if its not saved as contact from your contacts, it searches thru air to match the registeration details, and most of the times here it looses frequency and doesnt show at all.Its okay,works at times, doesnt at times.

TrueCaller works on its own, this is what most of my friends family group have found,it works like a charm and it doesnt work at all, it shows the details of the unknown caller and it doesnt as well.The limitations you are saying works like this, if this unknown caller is in the list of any of your contact list, it would show the same name as which your contact list people have saved his name,thats first search, second if its not saved as contact from your contacts, it searches thru air to match the registeration details, and most of the times here it looses frequency and doesnt show at all.Its okay,works at times, doesnt at times.
I am happy with it. Atleast at times it shows me informattion rather than not having it anytime.

Thanks
Sunil

I am happy with it. Atleast at times it shows me informattion rather than not having it anytime.

Thanks
Sunil
Even i am happy with this app, but most of the times the app shows the callers name once the call has been disconnected which frankly kills the purpose of this app.

Nice thread!
Here are my some fav apps. I have only listed my MUST have apps.
Here it goes...

App name - Cam Scanner

Free/Charge - Free

What it does - A must have app for a anyone with good camera phone. You can quickly scan a document and create pdfs and send it as email or even fax(not tried fax so far). If you are not using any other such apps, I think you should start using it

How it performs - Very good.

================================
App name - CPU Spy

Free/Charge - Free

What it does - Actually its a utility program which tracks your CPU states. This app specifically useful to see if your phone goes to sleep or works in the background when it should be sleeping.

App name - GPS Status & Toolbox

Free/Charge - Free

What it does - For GPS users, this app downloads A-GPS data, so that you can get a faster fix. If your phone is not getting locked to GPS satellites then you should have this program(internet required) Also it gives lot of GPS related data. Must have app for GPS users.
App name - Juice Defender
Free/Charge - Free/Paid

What it does - Best app for saving your battery life on your phone. If you are not satisfied with the battery life of your phone even though there is nothing wrong in your phone and apps, only this app can save your battery. I am using the paid version it manages my connectivity to internet based on the criteria I have put, it also decides if it should connect using wi-fi or data and minimizes the data usage also. Plenty of options available in paid version, but free version also should help you somewhat.
App name - Lookout Security & Antivirus
Free/Charge - Free/Paid

What it does - Nothing to explain, a antivirus software with added utilities. I am using the free version. Does what its supposed to do. You can even locate your phone if you dont know where you left it. It will automatically scan each app you install from market or offline.
App name - NoNonsense Notes
Free/Charge - Free/Paid

What it does - Simple tasks application which can sync up with your gmail account. I use this extensively to track my to do list. Very light weight and simple to use.

Hope this list is useful to some one [:)]

Mobile App reviews Thread.

Hey everybody,
In this thread we will post our experience with our applications.

Please mention:
Your device name
Its OS
Apps Cost(Rs)
Apps Developer.
Screenshots if possible
Bugs and other problems
Rate it out of 10.
And write a few words about it.

Temple Run:OZ
Cost:55 Rs
Device: Apple Ipod Touch
Developer: Disney.
Problems: It hangs a bit initially when connecting to games center.

Review: Temple Run is now pretty popular app and this is their fourth game I think,after temple run 1,brave,temple run 2 and now OZ. OZ is pretty much the same except the hot air balloon that you get. I actually like the normal 2 more,it has better background and is more fun. Not worth buying it IMO.[frustration]

Rating: 6.5/10

Screen shots:
photo 1.PNG
photo 2.PNG
photo 3.PNG
photo 4.PNG
photo 5.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Mobile App reviews Thread.

Very Nice Thread Here goes mine

Bladeslinger
Cost:162 Rs
Device: Samsung Tab2
Developer: ★ KEROSENE ★
Problems: Loading takes long time and lags a bit during gameplay.

Review: Selected as Editor's Choice in the iOS App Store, featured in *TegraZone* and rated 4/4 "Must Have" by critics, BLADESLINGER is a visually stunning, fast paced 3D action brawler developed exclusively for high-end mobile devices. BLADESLINGER follows the story of William Glaston as he returns to his hometown to confront an ancient evil.

Who loves adventures then you can opt for this game.

Rating: 7.2/10

Screen shots:

Attachments

Infinite Flight
Price: 270 Rs.
Device: Apple Ipod Touch.
OS- 5.01
Developer: Flight Development Studio.
Problems and bugs: None
Review-
There are quite a few apps that are aviation based sims. This is one of the best and it has descent graphics with good effects. The cockpit view graphics re cocky and the controls need some getting used. Worst part is that although I bought the paid one,still some planes are locked and you have to pay 170rs for each. The best sim is RC Plane 2 which is free. This has more planes and more advance features.

Rating:7.5/10 because of RC 2.

Screen shots:
photo 1.PNG
photo 2.PNG
photo 3.PNG
photo 4.PNG
photo 5.PNG

all you people with android and iOS devices need to get your hands on Real Racing 3. probably one of the best racing games currently.

Truecaller an appln worth it

Friends use a free android appln called truecaller it detecs , most of mob/landline numbers call name to you. its not 100% true but okay to some extent.try and post your reviews.I don't have sny personal connection with this appl. Just saw my hospital friends using it

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuelio - An android app to log fule consumption and service costs

Hello fellow TAI'ans,

Recently I came across a lovely app Fuelio available for free on the play store.

It comes in two versions, free & paid. The free version offer the ability to
  • Log fuel refills
  • View fuel consumption stats
  • Charts

The paid version Rs. 90. offers the following additional features

• Log various other car expenses (wash, parking, tolls, service, maintenance, etc.)
  • View charts
  • Reminders for next service due based on kilometers or days
  • Backup and sync to Google Drive and Dropbox.
I loved this app and after using the free version have bought the paid one.

Your device name HTC Explorer
Its OS Droid 2.3 Gingerbread
Apps Cost(Rs) Free
Apps Developer. Bump Technologies, Inc
Screenshots if possible https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bumptech.bumpga&hl=en
Bugs and other problems Requires a bit fast connection
Rate it out of 10. 8
And write a few words about it. This is for those of you out other who want to transfer files from iphone to android. Just bump both the phones & transfer the files. Works like bluetooth but requires Internet Connection to work.
Its a recommended app.

And as Type-R said, Real Racing 3 is the best racing app on Ios & Droid currently. [:D]

Top Bottom