Small Issue Encountered During Ownership Transfer at RTO

Thread Starter #1
I bought a car from an individual and used an agent to do the RC transfer. For some reason, my address pincode was entered incorrectly in the RTO system and when I got the RC, I had to send it back to get it rectified.
I received the new RC yesterday with proper address and details. But this RC mentions "Duplicate Registration Certificate" in the back.
I do not exactly remember but I think the first time I received the RC with incorrect pin code, it did not have the "Duplicate Registration Certificate" sentence. But I am not sure since I took a picture of only the front part of the RC.

When I sell this car, would it be a problem because of the "Duplicate Registration Certificate" sentence mentioned on the RC?

Is there anything that I can/have to do from my end?

I bought a car from an individual and used an agent to do the RC transfer. For some reason, my address pincode was entered incorrectly in the RTO system and when I got the RC, I had to send it back to get it rectified.
I received the new RC yesterday with proper address and details. But this RC mentions "Duplicate Registration Certificate" in the back.
I do not exactly remember but I think the first time I received the RC with incorrect pin code, it did not have the "Duplicate Registration Certificate" sentence. But I am not sure since I took a picture of only the front part of the RC.

When I sell this car, would it be a problem because of the "Duplicate Registration Certificate" sentence mentioned on the RC?

no there will be no issue for selling or during any official work. now in Vahan 4 Software RC will be printed once only if due to some error u need to reprint RC then even duplicate RC will be mentioned in back of RC. its normal

No Problems, but some dealers may show this as an issue to try to pull down resale price. Did you keep a photocopy of your original RC ?

Top Bottom