Sleek Silver Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX VTVT - Sleek Indeed!!

Thread Starter #16
Congratulations buddy , nice pictures. Any modifications planned?
Thanks Dhaya!

I have not planned for any modifications as yet. But have added a few accessories like seat covers, floor mats, 3M sun control films etc. Will post more pictures of the accessories I added.

Thread Starter #18
I have done about 50 kms during the weekend, all city driving. Driving experience is great - a lot smoother and silent - when compared to my Indica (weird comparison though). Suspension is great - the locality where I live has very little to no roads, mud roads, pot holes, bumps, newly laid roads, speed breakers - every scenario what you could expect of a typical Indian city condition. Verna came out with flying colors in all conditions. Plus the steering is super smooth. The Music system is decent enough. Great first hand experience.

Need to mention about the keys - I owned an Audi A4 when I was in the US and I loved the keys (thekey opens with the click of a button and then close it). It was so compact and would easily rest in the pockets. I was surprised to see the same type of Keys with my Verna. Way to go Hyundai!!

On the interiors - I should honestly say, I am overwhelmed with the comfort level. From the very looks of it to the seating comfort, gear shifting, steering, audio controls, bluetooth call connectivity, bluetooth music streaming etc everything is great. My parents were the ones who occupied the rear seats the most and they were happy with the rear seat comfort. Nothing to complain except for the little difficulty during ingress / egress especially when compared to the ease with which we used to ingress / egress in Indica. Verna is just about perfect for a drive with 4 people within the city.

About the FE - when I got my car out of the showroom it was 38 kms done and I was shocked to see the avg FE showed 6.8 km/l. Thanks to maybe some harsh driving from the showroom guys [anger]. At the end of yesterday, I have clocked 97 kms and the avg FE shows 8.9 km/l (didnt reset the trip). Hopefully this will improve.

Planning to go on a long drive the coming weekend. Chennai -> Trichy -> Madurai -> Chennai (close to 1200kms back and forth). Will share my highway experience and highway FE next week.

I will keep posting the things as and when I find something interesting [:)]

Last edited:
Congats !!! the car looks lovely. Just click a pic of the suspension if possible just want to see wether they did any upgrade for Verna suspension, 2012 production to solve the problem or is it the same.

Thread Starter #22
Just click a pic of the suspension if possible just want to see wether they did any upgrade for Verna suspension, 2012 production to solve the problem or is it the same.
I Checked with the dealer when I took delivery of my car. Looks like nothing has been changed from the 2011 model. [thumbsdown]

like i said. when i got my car suspension was stiff. after they changed it for few hundred mms it was stiff till it started giving issues. when my front springs were changed there appeared to be more gap between the wheel arch and tires, for sometime it appeared so and now its back to normal scraping bumps even when I'm alone, though i have managed to avoid it by crawling over speed breakers.

Yes, the stock music system comes with nice little remote control. It is very strange that you did not get it? Did you check it in glove box? Mine was kept in it? If not ask the dealer.

the remote come to the showroom with a bag that contains the cars owners manual first aid kit extra bulbs and iPod cable and a fuse for the audio system, which they keep it in the trunk

Thread Starter #29
Actually the bag had a small service center contact list booklet, spare bulbs, first aid kit. Ipod cable was inside the glove box. Owner's manual was handed over to me separately. They gave me another bag with all documents. I need to check that bag to see if the remote is inside.

these things are shipped in one bag along with the car. the dealership removes the fuse from the bag and puts it in the vehicle for the audio system. then they keep the cable and remote mostly in the glove box, owners manual is taken for filling in details

Top Bottom