Skoda Yeti Review & Pictures

Yeti in 2011 is available in two more variants 1.6L and 1.2L TSI Engine options.

Source: Skoda Yeti Variants in India by 2011

For start, it intends to bring a variant with smaller engine and a diesel variant to expand its presence in Rs. 12-18 lakh segment. It also intends to bring 1.6-litre diesel engined variant that currently powers Volkswagen Vento and will power Skoda's new Fabia coming up next year. The 1.6L diesel variant will be capable of producing 104 bhp of peak power and 25.5 kgm of peak torque. It can accelerate from 0-100 kph in just over 12 seconds and hit a top speed of 176 kph. It will be front wheel drive model mated with 5-speed manual transmission.Skoda is also considering bringing 1.2L TSI engine producing 104 bhp from the turbocharged 1.2-litre engine and can accelerate from 0-100 kph in 11.8 seconds reaching a top speed of 175 kph. It will also be a front wheel drive model with 5-speed manual transmission.

Excellent report guys.
Looking at the pic, i dont think Dhaya found enough legroom in the second row. And what do i read, theres no mention of any lag in the performance, is it so?

However, the gear knob could have been a little taller, because the tall drivers need to stretch a little to reach the gear lever.
Rightly said, i too feel the knob is too short. Recently i test drove the Skoda Laura to find the knob some what similar in size. Basically, the short knob is really a pain for taller drivers in bumper to bumper traffic where frequent gear shifts are required.

@ Akash Well yeah i din find enough space in the rear but the front seat was adjusted for my height , that's what i would have mentioned in the report. If a tall person sits in the front , its impossible for another tall person to sit at the rear!

Yes Akash , even i was a little surprised! Turbo-lag is very minimum! Stamp the accelerator pedal and the car rushes forward almost instantly!

Even the Fabia has short gear lever!

@ Vishal Half-clutch is something like this. When you slow down considerably to below 10kmph in the second gear , some people downshift to first whereas some people use the clutch again to gain the momentum. If you press the clutch pedal fully and start releasing slowly the vehicle moves forward. This is half clutch technique. In the Yeti you have to downshift for sure , if you use half-clutch the vehicle switches off!

Top notch review, Zinam and Nice pics Dhaya [thumbsup]

About the design of the car (my personal opinion), the design is not appealing from any angle! Those big fog lamps is out of the contemporary and one of the things that falls under 'loathe' it.

Interiors : WOW! Nobody can beat the Gernans in this department.

I guess, it might be around 18-20L on-road here in B'lore.

We some serious competition now - the Aria, Yeti, the W201 coming up and the new Safari! Now its gonna be battle of the SUV's [evil]

Awesome review. [clap]

One thing that I noticed, the foldable key looks exactly like the one on Polo.

A doubt: does the Yeti's windows roll up automatically if we lock the vehicle using the remote-key?

awesome review. i'm impressed with yeti. its very nice soft roader and maybe even better than santa-fe considering price and features!!

@ Avindu Thanks but credit for the pictures goes to Zinam! Yes the top-end model might slightly exceed 20Lakhs in Bangalore as its almost close to 20Lakh in Chennai itself.

@ Nikhilanand All Skoda and VW cars have that feature buddy.

@ Vishal You are welcome!

@ Umang Santa-Fe comes with almost all the features in Yeti but loses out in pricing!

Thread Starter #29
Thanks All!!

Yeti may not be an looker like Santa Fe or any other SUVs.

But for sure, the prformance you get out of Yeti is simply awesome & its 6 speed gearbox is the finest & most refined under 20Lakh segment.

@ Akash, obviously no lag, turbo kicks in early 1700rpm so, you really dont need to push harder to make 100s :)

Top Bottom