Skoda Unveils Volkswagen Up! Based Citigo

Re: Skoda unveils Volkswagen Up!-based Citigo

Yes agreed Skoda car are not cheap and maintenance cost is also high, the spare parts are also not available easily like other brands.

Re: Skoda unveils Volkswagen Up!-based Citigo

To me it is my zen estilo coloured green from some angles. A two door car in India, hmmmm. I do not think, We (India) are ready for two door cars as of now. Pricing will make or break this car.

It looks like Estilo for me too.

A 3 door (practically 2) Estilo which is expensive and also expesive to maintain will not have any takers because the original Estilo with proper 4 doors and less expensive to maintain is already here.

Here is a first ever official photograph of 5 Door Skoda Citigo.
This make sense.

Looks like a well built and better finished Estilo.

Volkswagen recently unveiled 5 Door version of Up! So how can Skoda stay behind?
Since Skoda is a sister company, there nothing like they cannot stay behind. They wanted to have both the options (A premium - in price only[;)] from VW and a slightly low cost option from Skoda).

The interiors are simple and nice - I hope they make it unchanged to the production version. Typical Skoda quality at a budget price. Skoda has to improve it's after sales service if it wants this car to do well.

Attachments

Though looking similar from outside the Interiors are completely different. I liked the colorful interiors of Up , this is not looking bad either.

Good to see German engineering entering this segment , beware Maruti and Hyundai!

It looks like the foriegn brands are leaving no stone unturned to taste a grand success. Be it economical sedans like Nissan Sunny or entry level hatchbacks like Hyundai Eon, each manufacturer want to conquer each territory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes agreed Skoda car are not cheap and maintenance cost is also high, the spare parts are also not available easily like other brands.
Skoda (and the rest of the VW family) service interval is 15K Kms or one year. So overall it works out cheaper than others. Parts replacement is not a frequent occurance as the build quality is good.

Skoda (and the rest of the VW family) service interval is 15K Kms or one year. So overall it works out cheaper than others. Parts replacement is not a frequent occurance as the build quality is good.
I dont think so. These cars use synthetic oil and the spares/servicing costs are higher than other Indian cars. My friends having Fabias/Polos end up paying Rs 9000-10000 on every service (every 15000 kms) while those owning Swifts, i10s,Vistas, etc end up paying around Rs 4000 on every service (every 10000 km). Over a 90000 km driving cycle, owners of Polos/Fabias would thus end up paying approx 50 % more than the owners of Japanese/Indian cars. This does not take into account replacement of parts other than the ones that are necessitated to be replaced as per the service manual.

350Z

Core Team
Just like sister manufacturer Volkswagen has showcased different versions of Up! on Geneva Auto Show. Similarly Skoda has presented Citigo in different colours.

534985__DSC5525.jpg

535649__DSC5683.jpg

535666__DSC5688.jpg

538132__DSC6035.jpg

538133__DSC6031.jpg

538251__DSC6660.jpg

538170__DSC6656.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom