Skoda Unveils Volkswagen Up! Based Citigo

Thread Starter #1
This is the all-new Skoda Citigo, and if you're thinking that it looks rather familiar, that's because its Volkswagen-badged kin recently debuted at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show. That's right, the long-rumored Skoda version of Volkswagen's new Up! city car has finally arrived.

Buyers will have a choice of two 1.0-liter three-cylinder engines – one with 59 horsepower, the other with a 74 hp and a blistering 106 mph top speed – both mated to a five-speed manual transmission. Powerful they are not, but these three-bangers should prove to be extremely efficient, with Skoda quoting fuel economy numbers of 62.8 and 60.1 miles per gallon, respectively (on the European cycle).

Being a Skoda, the Citigo will go on sale in its home market of the Czech Republic this fall, with the rest of Europe getting the car next summer. Follow the jump for Skoda's official release.

Source - Skoda unveils Volkswagen Up!-based Citigo

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Re: Skoda unveils Volkswagen Up!-based Citigo

Citigo looks no better than the Up! Maybe because it lacks that futuristic touch? Nevertheless, it is quite certain that Up will be fetching better sales than this.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I think it will be a sensible car. Why does everyone have to call it boring etc. What is exciting then? The Ritz? The Dzire?

350Z

Core Team

I still do not find its front better in comparison to Up! but rear sure appears well designed. Citigo production model was recently snapped undisguised in Netherlands.

Skoda-CitiGo-front.jpg

Skoda-CitiGo-Rear.jpg
Pics: Autojunk.nl

Drive Safe,
350Z

To me it is my zen estilo coloured green from some angles. A two door car in India, hmmmm. I do not think, We (India) are ready for two door cars as of now. Pricing will make or break this car.

350Z

Core Team

The one that we are going to get in India (Either Up! or Citigo) will be a 5 door version.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9

shailinder You are taking words from my mouth. This just like Estilo. Back view is boxy though

AMG

Suspended

In Punjabi, there is a saying.

Pind vassey nahi te chakkey pehlan.

Which translates into that "the village is yet to settle down and the theives are already there"

VW has yet to put the car into production, and Skoda already has a rip-off of it.

In Punjabi, there is a saying.

Pind vassey nahi te chakkey pehlan.

Which translates into that "the village is yet to settle down and the theives are already there"

VW has yet to put the car into production, and Skoda already has a rip-off of it.
well you cant call it copying..because skoda and vw are under same brands!! even seat has launched mii based on up and citigo..

Attachments

Nice video Surfer. Thanks for sharing. I do not know why people in India would like to buy this car ! Because models like this are available here i.e. Estilo, Beat, Spark etc. So what is different ? Quality of product !

Skoda cars are not cheap to own or maintain. [thinking]

350Z

Core Team

Skoda has confirmed that Citigo won’t make it to India anytime soon. They won’t be displaying it on Auto Expo 2012 either.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom