Skoda Shield: Is It Worth?

If the injector was in warranty then how did after market brake pad and alignment come into the picture? Even if a screw is replaced in the warranty, they will state it as an act of goodwill.
They were mad because that's one of the easy money makers for them. ASC will try to subdue by inciting fear within us.

What components exactly are supposed to give issues besides the engine and the gearbox? Are both of these linked to number of km's driven or time duration like after n number of years?
Generally AFAIK Any components which doesn't come under normal wear and tear will be under warranty. I've observed that injectors, suspension, control arms, abs modules & sensor and ecu/powertrain unit but when it's come to turbo it'll depend on ODO reading. It's either certain km's or number of years which ever is early. However documentation provided when signing might indicate things clearly.

Sad that a customer is harassed everytime in India. Relationship is not good, only one dealer here and they show their true color once the car is taken out of their showroom.
That's worldwide phenomenon, however some countries have better lemon laws.

Here is the deal if the extended warranty is purchased from them then one is bound to get it serviced from them otherwise warranty becomes nil. And they charge huge amount of money during servicing which will be more or less the same amount of money for the extended warranty for two years.
There are few things which they add on to the job sheet to increase the cost, If you can identify them it'll help in reducing the cost.

Where can I check more info about this. I just opened some random websites and if one selects comprehensive package there are addons like key replacement, engine cover due to water and some more. But they do not have an additional cover citing the engine and gearbox. Afaik everything is covered under zero dep but zero dep is not available after third year.
Icici, hdfe ergo, bajaj alliance, tataaig has them as cover package. Whereas for companies like Oriental and united assurance it's better if you talk to them directly (with mask obviously).

I double checked about this from the guy who sent the pdf. He said that the whole warranty comes to an end if even a screw is from the aftermarket.
Talk with skoda customer care directly and if possible record conversation. Also inform customer care person that conversation is being record so that they'll be care in what they say.

Considering everything that I have mentioned I am confused whether to go for the extended warranty or not. Do you know any good local mechanic in Punjab?
When it comes to Skoda it's either hit or miss gamble. I've seen people who love their vehicle for never having and problem even minor ones and also know people who loathe skoda for unreliability and repeated failure. It depends on the risk you want to talk or not.

Out of context question, I am from a joint family. We have 4 cars for 10 people. Ocatvia and Superb being high end cars are hardly driven, thanks to some joint family issues. Now these are great but when I say hardly driven I mean around max 80-90 kms in a month. Considering the maintenance and the costs associated with the engine and the gearbox, which I presume is inevitable in the future, does it make sense to sell these cars? The situation in family is so tense that everyone will agree for it just because everyone wants their share. The biggest problem is that we will hardly get anything while selling them. But even if we sell them in the next year or so the amount will only decrease. Should we swallow the hard pill considering the high costs of spares in the future now or should we keep it? Sorry for asking about this.
The answer to this question might be available if you sit down and talk with your family members and figure out optimal solution. If the cars are registered to a company it's better if you consult your CA and financial advisor before talking to your family members.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Resale of Skoda/VW is anyways poor. So may want to talk with your family and as well use the cars. You might have days or weeks allotted regarding who in the family can use the car. Rest of the stuff has been explained very well by krishna6239

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Out of context question, I am from a joint family. We have 4 cars for 10 people. Ocatvia and Superb being high end cars are hardly driven, thanks to some joint family issues. Now these are great but when I say hardly driven I mean around max 80-90 kms in a month. Considering the maintenance and the costs associated with the engine and the gearbox, which I presume is inevitable in the future, does it make sense to sell these cars? The situation in family is so tense that everyone will agree for it just because everyone wants their share. The biggest problem is that we will hardly get anything while selling them. But even if we sell them in the next year or so the amount will only decrease. Should we swallow the hard pill considering the high costs of spares in the future now or should we keep it? Sorry for asking about this. + @Nairrk @bhvm
You said 4 cars for 10 people - that means the cars were bought from the family income, hence the family member's preference is to sell out the cars and get each one/s share.?
As you anticipating second hand sales of these cars won't fetch good money comparing Maruti or Hyundai cars, but keeping those expensive cars without using them is also a waste and the more you wait, the less you will get.

Since the cars are owned by Joint family, better discuss the matter within the family (as suggested by @krishna6239) and take a decision amicably

In my opinion, since you guys are not using the car, better to sell them all or keep one and sell others and take the benefit. (Keeping cars not only losing the value, but you keep paying insurance and service expenses which will be an additional loss when you guys sell the cars in the future.

@krishna6239

There are few things which they add on to the job sheet to increase the cost, If you can identify them it'll help in reducing the cost.
Like?

Talk with skoda customer care directly and if possible record conversation. Also inform customer care person that conversation is being record so that they'll be care in what they say.
Had a word with them and they corroborated that all parts should be from them if one wants warranty.

Engine bay cleaning, interior enrichment, unnecessary injector cleaning, Low ODO throttle cleaning, brake pads cleaning, unnecessary oil and fuel additives, wheel balancing & alignment (if it is expensive).
I clean and wax my car (verna 2016) myself. I save like 2K-4K INR (complete detailing package) every time it went for service. I get wheel balancing and alignment done outside, it's like 50% of ASC cost in Mysore, KA. For some general spares (windshield wiper), I"ll buy them from a know wholesale dealer.
Check your user manual they mention what to check when servicing.

Had a word with them and they corroborated that all parts should be from them if one wants warranty.
Then final decision is up to you. Think &decide, make sure to standby your decision regardless of the final outcome.
Remember I'm just a stranger on the internet [drive].

Last edited:
If you mean extended warranty, it's totally worth it. VW/Skoda parts are expensive to replace. It is always advisable to buy max period ex. warranty.

Top Bottom