Skoda Rapid vs Volkswagen Vento

Thread Starter #1
With today's launch lets compare Skoda Rapid and Volkswagen Vento
Here is the price difference in both cars (Prices, ex-showroom Delhi)

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Great price comparison. Since both the cars are more or less same with major difference being price. It will entirely depend upon the buyer's taste and budget. Rapid will be obvious choice for people with limited budget. On other hand, those who suspect Skoda's over hyped after sales will stick to Vento. Another deciding factor could be the looks. But Volkswagen Vento is overall still a better package if the price difference is kept out of the question.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Surfer, great catch
Rapid front is of Fabia and rear is of Vento.[surprise]
It is available in wide range of choice as compared to Vento.
Price is significantly low
One can assume Rapid should repeat the history of Octavia (in terms of sales figures not the ASS horror stories)

Although I like the Rapid but still its front FABIA and rear VENTOishdesign makes me think that..
Someday(about 9 months back in February) Skoda and VW engineers have left a Fabia and a Vento inside a garage with none else and after 9 months when they opened the garage,they got three cars..
Vento,Fabia and a Rapid which has the characteristics of both...:biggrin:

Well,the Rapid has got better looking alloys and if the front suspension is quite hardened too then the high-speed ride and stability is also going to be better than the Vento,being the same cabin,the built and quality will be the top notch and the comfort levels also are going to be best in class as in Vento.
The performance of Rapid is also quite better than Vento and what I have confirmed is that front suspension is really changed,so high-speed stability may be good now.
It also has an ACC in the top end trim...

SO OVERALL I FEEL THAT SKODA HAS A WINNER IN ITS HANDS,ONLY IT NEEDS TO PLAY WITH A CORRECT STRATEGY..

About A.S.S. of Skoda,its not a big deal now,now they have improved it a bit too much,and you yourself can notice than now a days there are no more Skoda A.S.S. horrifying stories,instead the newer customers(like me) as well as the older ones too are quite happy(still now upto the Maruti level,but its really better than before)with their cars and A.S.S....

Thread Starter #7
Someday(about 9 months back in February) Skoda and VW engineers have left a Fabia and a Vento inside a garage with none else and after 9 months when they opened the garage,they got three cars..
Vento,Fabia and a Rapid which has the characteristics of both...
[lol] Ha ha ha ha

One can assume Rapid should repeat the history of Octavia (in terms of sales figures not the ASS horror stories)
Lets see [evil]

The question is why someone should consider Rapid and not Vento ? or Vento and not Rapid ?

Price differences are marginal. If I go by my instinct, I would say it would be hard for Skoda to find takers for Rapid. VW Vento is a class product with age-defying design. Fabia has been around for sometime and basing your sedan on the same design does not add to any freshness! Though Rapid will have everything in it too, but VW has been able to capture good amount of attention with Polo and Vento, and Skoda has only horror stories to tell wrt their A.S.S.

Well,I am unable to get the current price list of Skoda's spares and then if you compare them from the ones two years back then you will understand how much skoda has cut on its spare prices.
Same is with A.S.S.Now its really improved,but as we say "a bad name is worse than a bad work".

If I have to pick a petrol sedan between Rapid & Vento it would be the former.

1. For Vento, safety comes @ 8.23 L. That means ABS+Airbag comes in top model Highline only. For Rapid, Ambition @ 7.09 L comes loaded with Safety features.

2. Rapid offers better ride+handling+steering combo.

3. Overall look of Rapid is more aggressive.

Well,I am unable to get the current price list of Skoda's spares and then if you compare them from the ones two years back then you will understand how much skoda has cut on its spare prices.
Same is with A.S.S.Now its really improved,but as we say "a bad name is worse than a bad work".
Little bit difficult to digest after reading this post.

well i agree very difficult choice..for price i will buy rapid but for looks i will go with vento!!

plz add poll also!

Top Bottom