Skoda Rapid - Madhubala To Madhuri Dixit

During the ride, I found few things which really annoyed me. [frustration]
1. The headlights – These could have been better. With the original in stock, the light is not sufficient. Planning to upgrade to Philips Xtreme Lights (55/60)
2. Horn – Why did they changed the Skoda trademark horn. Again will change that to Hella horns in near future.
3. Driver side wiper cannot be folded – How can someone miss this point at Skoda Design center? No solution as of now or workaround. Living with it.
Apart from above, really satisfied and hope to get good after sales service. Will take my car to Asset service station for planned 7500 kms check up. Following are the things that I planned for this service
• Wheel Alignment and Balancing
• Engine oil top up
Guys any suggestions on this service cum check up that I should take care of apart from above 2 points. Do pour in your suggestions.

Next to come -->> Few Snaps of the beauty, Long drive experience (Race between beauty (Rapid) and beast (Safari)..
Agree with points 2 and 3. I loved that trademark horn so much, that I had replaced my old i10 stock horns to get these.
Point 1, not too sure, since Rapid seems to have better illunination than the i10[evil].
Another point I would add is that, the ac is not as powerful as my friend's verna or even the earlier days of my i10.

Thread Starter #17
Point 1, not too sure, since Rapid seems to have better illunination than the i10[evil].
Another point I would add is that, the ac is not as powerful as my friend's verna or even the earlier days of my i10.
Dear adityajayant
For illumination, though it is better than few other cars i still feel its not sufficient. this might not applicable to others.
For AC : +1 I missed that point. I think verna ac is best in that segment.

Nice starter there praf. Still waiting for the pics. would expect well angled pics since she has already ran 7K [;)]

When are you planning to change the Horn. Wont it avoid the warranty?
I dont think wheel alignment is necessary at this early stage. You can plan this in next service.
How is she handling in bad roads? Is the ride bumpy at slow speed?
How much did the JVC cost you?

I know there is quiet lot of questions. [:)]

Thread Starter #20
When are you planning to change the Horn. Wont it avoid the warranty?
I dont think wheel alignment is necessary at this early stage. You can plan this in next service.
How is she handling in bad roads? Is the ride bumpy at slow speed?
How much did the JVC cost you?

I know there is quiet lot of questions. [:)]
Hello Marun,
For the horn, I dont think it should void the warranty unless you tamper with wiring. Would definitely cross check about this and update.
I need to go for WA and WB as during one of my trip, I could not avoid a big pothole at high speed which affected the WA. So going for both WA and WB just to make sure everything is allright.
She handles great on bad roads. The suspensions are great and well tuned for Indian road conditions.
Yes to some extent at slow speed the ride is little bumpy but not that annoying.
About JVC, I dont recollect the costs as I did it few months back. I will check the bill and get back to you.

Thread Starter #21
Apart from above, really satisfied and hope to get good after sales service. Will take my car to Asset service station for planned 7500 kms check up. Following are the things that I planned for this service
• Wheel Alignment and Balancing
• Engine oil topup
Guys any suggestions on this service cum check up that I should take care of apart from above 2 points. Do pour in your suggestions
Team/ Experts
Awaiting your inputs. Pls suggest.

since she has already ran 7500 kms i think you can consider engine oil topup.
Also one silly thing you should always check are the wipers. Are they in good condition. If not get it changed as it may disappoint you if rains.

Thread Starter #24
since she has already ran 7500 kms i think you can consider engine oil topup.
Also one silly thing you should always check are the wipers. Are they in good condition. If not get it changed as it may disappoint you if rains.
Thanks Marun. Definitely will check the wipers also.

Hey Praf.. that was a real good reviewing out there but do add few pictures of your Madhuri Dixit (Rapid) for us.

Congrats on your buy [;)]

Thread Starter #26
Hello All,

Yesterday, I could find some time and made best use of it. Took the car for 7500 precheckup, wheel allignment and most important took some snaps for uploading. Here are few before servicing.

Attachments

Thread Starter #28
Next to follow - finishing the pre-checkup service writeup. Will post it by tomorrow.

Thread Starter #30
Thanks Suberbad!

Team forgot to upload this photo. During my one of travels to Kolhapur from Pune and some city driving in Pune, the fuel guage touched half way mark after 600 KMS! Is this new mileage record for rapid?

Attachments

Top Bottom