Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDi Rider Review

Thread Starter #61
Re: Fitted with some more stuffs

Do you have any idea about cost of an bulb upgrade . (white light). I read about philips crystal vision(halogen). Is it available in market now?if yes, price?

Jeno

Thread Starter #63
Re: Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDi Rider

Thanks 350Z for that useful link, and can i try installing a HID kit with angel eyes? will it suit this car? and using white headlight in India is legal?

Thanks
Jeno

Those are nice looking LED's and nicely placed too. Yes I think you should get a switch placed.

Octy looks great [thumbsup]

Thread Starter #66

Jeno sorry for checking out your thread late. LED'S are looking great , yes it would look odd with yellow light but nothing by much. I suggest you stay with the current setup as it is or just place a separate switch for the LED'S alone so that you can use it during daytime too.

HID with angel eyes as you said wont look good in your Octy.

And BTW after seeing the earlier posts a small update. 3M car care is at Kodambakkam in Chennai just after you cross the Valluvar Kottam signal and proceed straight towards Gemini flyover you can see their outlet in the left side.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #69
The rear power window failed suddenly , The window motor stopped working and window didnt close after a harsh fall [frustration] ! So i tried my old school tricks to bring the window up (as i used to do with non power WagonR windows), but in vain.

So gave it to a mechanic(never going to Skoda). So after diagnosing he said that the motor had burnt. Which doesnt sonnd good. So the whole setup has to be changed, he charged 7400 rs. Now i wanna know was it reasonable? He charged that on a OEM kit. As i have no experience in power window stuffs , please advise me on this. Did i pay too much?

And things which could have caused the power window to fail:

->total life of the power window??
->did monsoon affect the car?
->or improper use of power window?(like pressing the button even after it reaches the maximum level)

So had the window done for 7400+350(labour charges)

Again today morning i found something interesting, there is something like a AC vent towards the left of the gear area. (left to the pass seat passengers leg) As i know my explanation is pathetic, planned to snap some photos.

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

Is it really a AC vent? I tried to put the AC at 1,2,3 level, nothing came out of it, but at level 4 , i got little air which could be slightly left. Can anyone explain what this part is?
If its a AC vent, why this is not available in the drivers side?[confused]

Power window seems a problem with skoda?

After doing a interior cleaning for a skoda by my guys[paint doctors] , the customer calls the next day morning saying that the rear window just fell down and we are responsible for that. heck i would have given him my 2 cents , but said in a calm way thay i am no way responsible with that in interior cleaning. and i would help in opening the door pad on his presence only.

After a day he came to our garage and on opening the holder was broken , how are we responsible , even for not operating the one!
phew.

Crap , how could i and he was adament in making

Thread Starter #72
ilango[speed thirst];113392 said:
Power window seems a problem with skoda?

After doing a interior cleaning for a skoda by my guys[paint doctors] , the customer calls the next day morning saying that the rear window just fell down and we are responsible for that. heck i would have given him my 2 cents , but said in a calm way thay i am no way responsible with that in interior cleaning. and i would help in opening the door pad on his presence only.

Crap , how could i and he was adamant in making us the reason for the window failure .

After a day he came to our garage and on opening the holder was broken , how are we responsible , even for not operating the one!
phew.
So the motor was working? only the holder was the problem?

Am sorry but am plain jealous [;)]
If there is one car i'd love to own. Its the Octy tdi.
try this, lean fully against the front fender of the car and the body wont budge even 1mm that speaks about the solid build of the car,
an Octy can cruise al day long at 140-160 km/hr and that FE is a standard feature!!
i agree regarding the engine noise and rear seat comfort.. these are the only two turn offs in it.. But hey i wouldn bother about that.
Its the best buy you did bud. getting it serviced at a good independent mechanic makes sense rather than emptying your pockets at skoda dealership.

Love that color. Wishing you many a happy miles in it.
Saved up money for an Octy.. Now just a matter of time wen i find a good car..
As they say. the car will find me!!! [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #74
Your write up , is exactly what i felt before i got an Octavia for myself, i used to be jealous on other who own octys [:D] But other aspects of the car and the impression on her remains the same before and after buying it. And im still loving it !

And about the rear seats comfort, the feedback i got from my friends is that , THEY ARE COMFORTABLE(not bad, not the best). But there its not spacy. And very less legroom , and as i am a 6 footer, i would push front seats to the extreme end, so after that, there is almost no space for rear passenger to stretch their legs.

Rev Harder [drive]
Jeno

Last edited:
Thread Starter #75
And guys, after searching for posts on power windows and costs, i came to know that it costed about 10k for a OEM honda city rear power window motor, So 7.4k for an octavia didnt seem to be much for a Skoda(which is known for costly parts) , and now im feeling more relaxed. Not very expensive CAR to maintain [glasses]

Jeno[cheers]

Top Bottom