Skoda Launches Rapid 1.5 TDI DSG Automatic

Thread Starter #1
Skoda Auto will introduce a new 1.5-litre diesel engine in its mid-sized sedan, the Rapid towards the end of the year. The 2015 MY Rapid with this new diesel engine will also get a dual clutch automatic gearbox.
The 2015 MY Skoda Rapid with the new diesel engine and the DSG gearbox is expected to hit showrooms in October this year
There will be no facelift for the car, however, but expect slightly different treatment to the interiors and some more equipment to come as standard. The steering wheel for one will change to the one we see in modern Skodas like the new Superb. This also means the 1.6-litre diesel that the Skoda Rapid currently comes with will be discontinued. The 2015 MY Skoda Rapid with the new 1.5-litre diesel will also be available with a 5-speed manual gearbox
Skoda to launch Rapid diesel with DSG automatic | ET Auto

Re: Skoda to launch the Rapid - 1.5TDI Automatic

Good news. There were also rumors that Polo and Vento will also be launched with 1.5 Diesel + DSG. If they can price Polo around 8 laks (ex-showroom) and Vento/Rapid around 10.5 (ex-showroom), this will take competition head-on at least in automatics. Given that 1.5 diesel is expected to be fuel efficient compared to current 1.6 diesel, 1.5 diesel + DSG can easily give >23KMPL. Still waiting for official confirmation and launch dates.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Skoda To Launch the Rapid 1.5TDI Automatic

Skoda to launch Rapid diesel with DSG automatic - expected in October 2014

Skoda Auto will introduce a new 1.5-litre diesel engine in its mid-sized sedan, the Rapid towards the end of the year. The 2015 MY Rapid with this new diesel engine will also get a dual clutch automatic gearbox.

There will be no facelift for the car, however, but expect slightly different treatment to the interiors and some more equipment to come as standard. The steering wheel for one will change to the one we see in modern Skodas like the new Superb. This also means the 1.6-litre diesel that the Skoda Rapid currently comes with will be discontinued. The 2015 MY Skoda Rapid with the new 1.5-litre diesel will also be available with a 5-speed manual gearbox.
Skoda to launch Rapid diesel with DSG automatic | ET Auto

Thread Starter #4

Here is Skoda's Special edition, still a few months away and when launched, will come with a new 104bhp 1.5-litre diesel engine and may also get a DSG automatic gearbox. Going by the predominant black colour theme on the stylistic updates, this special edition could be named the Skoda Rapid Black edition.
0_468_700_http___i_haymarket_net_au_ExtraImages_20140613081633_rapidspymain.jpg

Skoda Rapid special edition in the works | Car News | Mid-size Saloons | Autocar India

Thread Starter #5

Rapid and Vento with 1.5 L seem to be on test. will have the Automatic. Launch expected soon.
Volkswagen-cars-spied-together.jpg

Source:Rushlane

Thread Starter #6

Close to the spotting of Vento refresh, can Rapid refresh be far away?
We will now get the Rapid refresh in showrooms shortly.
Skoda India will be bringing in the facelifted Rapid. The new Rapid will now feature the same 1.5 TDI seen under the hood of the Polo
But this time around, aside from the TDI treatment, Skoda will be offering the sedan with the 1.2 TSI engine. The 1.5-litre TDI motor is expected to come in two states of tune – at 90PS/220Nm with a manual gearbox and at 105PS/250Nm mated to a DSG. There is also a 150PS petrol automatic variant in the pipeline.
The updated Rapid will get projector headlamps and possibly a body kit to add to the all-new feel
2014 Skoda Rapid Facelift To Be Launched In India In October - Overdrive

1.2 TSI is a good addition to the range and might replace the 1.6 MPi. I think it will be offered in both Manual & Automatic. The current Rapid has projector headlamps, I don't know what the sources meant to say regarding that. Will call dealer & get more information.

Last edited:

Hmm..so we getting same shape ? not getting shape like european one ? if not then this is a flop if they launch with same shape in my opinion.

Hmm..so we getting same shape ? not getting shape like european one ? if not then this is a flop if they launch with same shape in my opinion.
Agreed, I was expecting different design and we are getting only new engine with new DSG Gearbox. That's the only thing I miss in my Rapid which isn't a big difference though. I like the current 1.6 TDi for it torque & power but noise is on higher side. Hope this new engine is refined. 1.2 TSI is good addition and hope Skoda offers it across all versions.

Not going to launch with European front? What's wrong with Skoda? They are losing a last chance for Rapid's revival.As per Mahesh Kodumudi,the VAG head India,in future there won't be any badge engineered products from Volkswagen and Skoda.That means there won't be anymore Vento/Rapid,it will only be Vento or Rapid not both.VAG has weird plans for India!They don't bring the latest facelifts to India and want sales to increase!

Not going to launch with European front? What's wrong with Skoda? They are losing a last chance for Rapid's revival.As per Mahesh Kodumudi,the VAG head India,in future there won't be any badge engineered products from Volkswagen and Skoda.That means there won't be anymore Vento/Rapid,it will only be Vento or Rapid not both.VAG has weird plans for India!They don't bring the latest facelifts to India and want sales to increase!
Skoda has planned to bring Rapid Facelift next year. This is just update of the engine. I had called dealer this noon and they said the same. The car will get new 1.5 TDi and 1.2 TSi with DSG Gearbox. No design changes are expected while slight addition of features is possible they said. I have informed them to call me when they get new model before launch. I might give detailed report on changes when that happens.

ACI has reported that along with the updated version Skoda will also launch Black Edition. Dealer doesn't have any ideas whether this is coming or not.

The European Rapid will never come to India because of high costs. Though Skoda India will facelift Rapid to make it look like European version, I don't see it coming this year.

I think Vento & Rapid will exist, but they will be designed differently just like Octavia & Jetta are. This avoids badge engineering.

Lot of interest on 1.5 Diesel + DSG combination. Problem is not just product/features, it is their strategy, dealer experience, pathetic sales experience and not to talk about after-sales service. For the past one month I am trying to book new Polo 1.2 TSI GT. Called up ALL dealers. Folks will say by default it will take 4-5 months to deliver sir and then almost hang up. Tried different sales folks from the same dealer as well. Attitude is the same. Finally last week I told them it is ok I will wait for 5 months please take booking, that person said I will call you in 5 mins sir and yet to hear from him. Shared this experience in VW facebook page, they gave some customer sales email id. Sent two mails to that email id 2 weeks back and they are yet to respond as well. This is in Hyderabad. Overall looks like something fundamentally wrong with VW/Skoda. Compared to them Fiat has improved significantly in the last year. Asked for test drive, promptly brought the vehicle for test drive and multiple follow ups to check whether I made the decision.

Lot of interest on 1.5 Diesel + DSG combination. Problem is not just product/features, it is their strategy, dealer experience, pathetic sales experience and not to talk about after-sales service. For the past one month I am trying to book new Polo 1.2 TSI GT. Called up ALL dealers. Folks will say by default it will take 4-5 months to deliver sir and then almost hang up. Tried different sales folks from the same dealer as well. Attitude is the same. Finally last week I told them it is ok I will wait for 5 months please take booking, that person said I will call you in 5 mins sir and yet to hear from him. Shared this experience in VW facebook page, they gave some customer sales email id. Sent two mails to that email id 2 weeks back and they are yet to respond as well. This is in Hyderabad. Overall looks like something fundamentally wrong with VW/Skoda. Compared to them Fiat has improved significantly in the last year. Asked for test drive, promptly brought the vehicle for test drive and multiple follow ups to check whether I made the decision.
My experience had been different. I took TD for Polo TSI. I am getting calls from Sales guy regularly. Though, I am not sure if he wants to sell the current model. I am actually waiting for vento facelift before taking decision between Vento TSI and City CVT.

I guess This is black edition what auto car has spied, I guess this will launch on 30th september.
Atleast skoda give rapid a new grille & new headlight, current looks are outdated :(

Last edited:

Top Bottom