Skoda Launches Rapid 1.5 TDI DSG Automatic

Re: Skoda To Launch the Rapid 1.5TDI Automatic

This is black edition what auto car has spied, I guess this will launch on 30th september.
Atleast skoda give rapid a new grille & new headlight, current looks are outdated :(
Not just the Black Edition, along with it the Rapid is being launches with new 1.5 TDi with DSG Gearbox. I think the Black Edition is another limited edition like Leisure, Prestige Editions. Yesterday I received a call from dealer saying that the tem had been to VW Headquarters last week in Mumbai for training purpose. It looks like VW and Skoda together held the training. However, Vento is launching on 24th of this mont while Rapid will be launched on 30th. Expect revisions to equipment list on both the cars. We can safely assume that Vento will be the expensive of the two, while offering some exclusive features to justify the higher price compared to Rapid. I expect that DSG Gearbox to be offered in Highline trim on the Vento and on Ambition & Elegance trims on the Rapid. Lets hope that this DSG Gearbox turns fortunes of these brands and bring in much needed sales. If this engine & gearbox combo gets demand expected Hyundai to bring in a 6 Speed Auto for Verna and Honda developing new Auto Gearbox for City Diesel.

Another twist -
According to this articlewhich is posted today that skoda rapid will have new headlights/bumper/grille in short new skoda design language.
God please make it true :)

I don't see changes to be recognized as 'Facelift'. The headlights, taillights, grill, fog lamps, number plate housing is everything like the current Rapid. This is the Elegance spec as it has projectors and Alloys.

Thread Starter #21

I don't see changes to be recognized as 'Facelift'. The headlights, taillights, grill, fog lamps, number plate housing is everything like the current Rapid. This is the Elegance spec as it has projectors and Alloys.
As seen in the Vento refresh - there seem no visible changes to the exteriors, the interiors could be updated , but the major change will be the 1.5 TDI and the addition of 1.5TDI+DSG with be the major change.

Here it is, the Rapid facelift.
Thats not facelift, they just using images for reference only.
If skoda can't even give new design language to the upcoming rapid then their product its flopped even before its launched, whats so hard in giving rapid a new headlights & new grille.
By the topic today posted by car trade I hope that skoda will add new grille & headlights & the one skoda is talking about major facelift that will have all new interior + boot open like notchback that will launch later.
Lets see what navratras bring us :)

Overdrive has posted the First Drive of 2015 Skoda Rapid.

Major Changes/ Add-ons

1. New 1.5 TDi Engine
2. New 7 Speed DSG Gearbox
3. New 6 Speed Manual Gearbox
4. Optional Black Package( Black Mirrors, Grille, Headlights etc)
5. Reverse Parking Sensors
6. Leather Upholstery
7. Cruise Control
8. ESP

Overall a very good packaged car and some useful Add-ons.

Link - 2015 Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDI India First Drive

Last edited:

Excited that I am close to booking my car in the next few days. Now Vento or Rapid is the question. Looks wise I liked white Rapid. OD article did not mention about ESP & Hill hold. Please bring these important features as well. I hope they don't become over ambitious and price more than 10.5L ex-show room for top variant. Considering with all the discounts manual version they are selling approx. 9L ex-showroom for top variant, I expect diesel DSG priced at less than 10.5 L. Skoda listen...

Excited that I am close to booking my car in the next few days. Now Vento or Rapid is the question. Looks wise I liked white Rapid. OD article did not mention about ESP & Hill hold. Please bring these important features as well. I hope they don't become over ambitious and price more than 10.5L ex-show room for top variant. Considering with all the discounts manual version they are selling approx. 9L ex-showroom for top variant, I expect diesel DSG priced at less than 10.5 L. Skoda listen...
Hill Hold and ESP are there since there is switch on Center Console to disable ESP. I expect it to be 1 lakhs dearer then manual Elegance. For that Engine+DSG Combo its VFM i would say.

Skoda have discontinued Active variant in Rapid. Hence, there will be only 2 variants on offer ie. Ambition, Elegance. Expect the upgraded Rapid to have additional features on these trims when it launches on 25th September.

According to dealer, the price is likely to be marginally more then current versions. Vehicles have started to arrive at dealerships and expect waiting period for Automatic if priced well

Thread Starter #27

Here is the Skoda Rapid face-lift. Highlight of this car is the addition of VW’s made-for-India 1.5-litre diesel and the seven-speed dual clutch transmission. Skoda is offering the DSG unit only on the diesel Rapid.The biggest advantage of using this DQ200 gearbox is that the extra cog makes it more efficient, and it’s more than capable of taking the 25.5kgm torque load.

Fuel economy figures that the new engine claims - With its manual transmission, it can achieve 21.14kmpl, while the DSG box claims to extract 21.6kmpl.

At high speeds. It’ll hit 100kph in 11.9 seconds, and expect the figures to improve considerably once the car is fully run-in.
Other than the updated engine with a DSG ’box, the Rapid also comes with the option of a Black package that costs around Rs 20,000. This package is only available on the top Elegance variant, and gets more features than the standard car. This includes blackened projector headlamps and foglamps. The grille too is finished in black, which looks classy in today’s age of excessive chrome use. What also stands out on this car are the black mirrors and alloy wheels. Apart from this, you can also opt for a blackened roof and black side foils directly from the dealer. The cabin remains unchanged and you get the same high-quality interior with good fit and finish. The front and rear seats are comfortable with loads of space, and the wide rear bench can seat three abreast in reasonable comfort.
The Elegance variant which was tested came with additional features like rear parking sensors, cruise control, card holder and new-design 15-inch alloys.
Skoda Rapid Diesel Automatic | Cars First Drive | Mid-size Saloons | Autocar India
0_468_700_http---172.17.115.180-82-ExtraImages-20140922032304_r1.jpg
0_468_700_http---172.17.115.180-82-ExtraImages-20140922032323_r9.jpg
0_468_700_http---172.17.115.180-82-ExtraImages-20140922032341_r13.jpg
0_468_700_http---172.17.115.180-82-ExtraImages-20140922051257_rapidrear.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #30

Rapid Facelift - Variants and details
The Active trim - gets new 15-inch steel wheels besides a card holder
-Standard features such as power windows with comfort function,- rake and reach adjustable steering wheel
- front and rear reading lamps, and front and rear armrest remain unchanged from before.

Ambition Plus trim -Rear parking sensors and cruise control
-chrome décor on AC vents, four speakers for the audio player ,with AUX-in, USB and SD Card support, multi-function steering
-wheel and power windows with anti-pinch. It getd ABS and front,passenger airbag for safety.

The Elegance trim - In addition to automatic climate control and projector
headlamps, it now gets new 15-inch alloys and a Black Package option, This is optional package is aimed at making the Rapid look sporty yet elegant. New black alloy wheels, black fog lamps, black grille and logo, black wing mirrors and black projector headlamps make an appearance. A glossy black roof and black side foils are available as accessories.
There is a 103bhp 1.6-litre petrol manual and automatic, besides a new 103bhp 1.5-litre TDI CR diesel with manual and automatic transmission options.
The automatic six-speed triptronic gearbox is available for Ambition Plus and Elegance trims on the petrol model, while the seven-speed DSG gearbox for the diesel engine is available on the Ambition, Ambition Plus and Elegance trims.
New Skoda Rapid variant details | Car News | Mid-size Saloons | Autocar India

Last edited:

Top Bottom