Skoda After Sales Service. Is it really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMG

Suspended
@ MutantX
Are you for skoda or against skoda?

Answer in one word.
The last thing we need in this thread is diplomatic answers. [lol]

Guys don't misunderstand me.
I am not against Skoda.
The cars it produced was great.
My uncle had a skoda Octavia around 2004, It was a superb vehicle.
No problem had been surfaced.
Later when he went to US it was sold.
I really loved and have sat in that vehicle.
So let's not blame Skoda.

@all
i too support 350Z statement. lets only discuss the fate of skoda "AFTER SALES SERVICE" rather than skoda as a manufacturer. everbody knows that skoda is a very good car manuafacturer.

and AMG please don't put up that "for" and "against" poll. it does'nt look good.
this is my sincere request please.

Junior thats what even am telling. Nobody is blaming Skoda here , after a TD of Laura i will say that its the best driver's car in that segment. Only its A.S.S is pathetic just like TATA spoiling the car completely.

I completely agree with MutantX. Skoda's cars are generally faultless, it is the dealers who screw up the proceedings. Also, I have noticed that more of these problems take place in the smaller cities rather than the bigger cities like Mumbai, Delhi, etc. That I believe is due to lack of transparency between the dealer and customer and also a lack of awareness among the buyers. However, most of the Skoda owners I have spoken to in Mumbai, apart from the slightly more expensive spares as compared to Maruti and Hyundai and the relatively low mileage on the petrol version, are very much satisfied with their car overall, and also with the service. I spoke to a diesel Fabia owner last evening, and he has run his car over 40,000 kilometres, and stated that he hadn't come across a major problem till date. He sends the car regularly for servicing, and the service intervals have been regular so far, which goes to show that the dealer is doing his job well.

And to be brutally honest, all the defamatory topics on other websites have never displayed a single picture of the problematic car or any major faults in the car. Or at least if there have, I haven't seen them, so please pardon me for that. And seriously, just because a bunch of people have problems with the brand doesn't make any difference to me. As AMG said, if there are 20 unhappy owners, then there are 20,000 happy Skoda owners. And to be very clear, I am not rooting for anyone in particular. I love Skodas, and I will buy them in the future, irrespective of anyone saying anything about them.

I am for good service, and I am against bad service. All I want to say is that all the defamation Skoda had to face in India till now has been more of talk and less of proof (at least this is what I feel).

Last edited by a moderator:
10 people have issues with skoda, 20,000 dont.
where did you get this ratio from?

anyways, frankly I am not against skoda's cars, infact they are among the best in the segment.

but then i definitely wont support their callous attitude towards their customers, especially those who are paying a premium amount for a brand which is nothing but a "cheap & basic" brand elsewhere.

what is skoda so proud of? forget forums, forget google, i have met many in real life who has been tearing their hairs apart due to frustration from skoda's A.S.S & they vow never to buy a skoda again.

Also, i feel eventually, it is skoda who is to be blamed for their poor A.S.S, who else? i mean how ridiculous is it? stealing parts worth lakhs from a customer's car & then roughing him up. also has anybody seen the price of skoda's spare parts? they first price their cars competitively & then literally loot the owners in the name of service.

exactly. now the point is against the authorised service centres of skoda and the department of skoda autos which takes care of these service centres. that is the concerned people in the skoda india company who are supposed to tighten the loose nuts in the heads of the service centre owners. that's what skoda auto india is not doing. once this job is done, then there has to be zero problems.
skoda cars are nowhere at fault and neither the skoda company(globally). its just that people at skoda india are careless and least bothered(Af.S.S dept)

Let us keep A.S.S discussions with personal experiences, as far as possible. Since we have very limited Skoda owners, the reality is impossible to derive.
Now it all boils down to perception, news read to internet/various forum. With that let us accept that Skoda's servicing perception is bad, similar to Tata/Fiat's. How much I say Fiat's servicing has been better for me than Maruti, any person writing review/feedback about Fiat cars, will write bad A.S.S, even he/she doesn't have any personal experiences.

In my view, if you like the car, buy it. A.S.S is kind of your personal relationship with A.S.S and its persons. You can have similar terrible experience with Maruti/Hyundai.

Skoda is reputed brand world-wide and they certainly make excellent cars. But in India they did some mistakes and they have to pay for it.

350Z

Core Team
Do you think that this topic is even worth discussing about?

Just due to individual concerns of some sources, ‘Skoda’ as manufacturer has been turned into unnecessary hype. People who are buying Skoda will superfluously suspect if anything goes wrong (even if it had to, in case the car was Honda or Maruti). Is it that all the owners of Skoda cars are regretting their decision? Simple answer, No. This thread will encourage only flame wars and lead nowhere unless even one of have any genuine experiences to share.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom