Simple Image Compressor Tool

Thread Starter #1
Guys please find attached image file compressor, this will benefit all while uploading pictures.
The photo files of size in mbs is compressed to kbs without sacrificing any quality.

Steps to Install,

1. Unzip the folder.
  2. Run the setup.exe file.
  3. The set up will install within a minute.
  4. Do the initial configuration.
In case of any help is required do contact me. PM me.[thumbsup]

Attachments

Re: Image/Photo compressor tool

Have you ever tried this, Just open the photos in MS Paint, save it. This reduces the file size to some extent.

PS: works only for the photos taken from camera and not the ones downloaded from internet.

Ms paint is not at all a good option for any thing it is just basic program. Neither it is good for jpeg.

Use "Faststone image viewer" it is freeware and with lot of utilities like batch conversions and pro quality compression tools.

Thread Starter #5

Have you ever tried this, Just open the photos in MS Paint, save it. This reduces the file size to some extent.

PS: works only for the photos taken from camera and not the ones downloaded from internet.
Limitations of paint-

• You need to open every file.
  • Quality of the original file is reduced.
  • Size does not compressed to that extent, which the toll does.
  • You need to give every file a name.
  • Quality of the original file is maintained at same levels.

Using the tool

• You can do 100's of photo compress at a single time, using batch processing.
  • You can give predefined name to the files, and number them.
  • Also you can edit the photos. Brightness/crop, many more.
  • Original Image size can be reduced to 1/10 th of its size.

350Z

Core Team
Re: Simple Image Compressor Tool (Attached)

Thanks a bunch for sharing this awesome piece of software. I was looking to resize a set of large images for uploading them on our forum. Thus, decided to give a shot to this tool. Trust me, it works like a charm. It saved a lot of time for me. However, the quality is slightly compromised but nevertheless; it works much better than rest of the software out there. Can someone suggest a similar software which can resize pictures in bulk without affecting their quality at all?

Drive safe,
350Z

@350z,"Use "Faststone image viewer" it is freeware and with lot of utilities like batch conversions and pro quality compression tools."
it is freeware and 100 times better than original image viewer bundled with windows.
It can open any kind of image files including raw data from camera.

Thread Starter #8

Thanks Vibhor,

Well regarding the quality issues you observed, I strongly doubt that there is some issue with configuration or selecting the compression profile. I am using this tool for more than 3 years now. I have checked the technical parameter of the image after compression and there is no differences in quality.
JPEG Compressor1.jpg
Please refer the attached image for selecting the compression profile, For batch processing always use Photo small size source Image, profile and you will retain the original quality with the compressed file.[thumbsup]

350Z

Core Team

Thanks Vibhor, Please refer the attached image for selecting the compression profile, For batch processing always use Photo small size source Image, profile and you will retain the original quality with the compressed file.
Hey thanks! Now it works better.

Drive Safe,
350Z

zengetz

Suspended

Hey Vibhor ! You will love this.

Reduce the file size by 5X and not lose quality too, I came across this on a technology forum the other week.

No download required,
export your photo albums and download the reduced files instantly
100% free

JPEGmini - Your Photos on a Diet!

Let me know your thoughts bro.

Avi

Last edited:

Top Bottom