Silver Lipped Stock Rims

napster

Suspended
those chrome lips have 3m king of solution on their back and those stick to your rims, they wont fall, i've amby's with those steel lips sticked to them so telling, maybe as deville said, they come with clamps these days

Thread Starter #18

deville_56

Honoured Member
those chrome lips have 3m king of solution on their back and those stick to your rims, they wont fall, i've amby's with those steel lips sticked to them so telling, maybe as deville said, they come with clamps these days
Clamps were there 10-15 years back in my uncle's Amby. 3M were not there [read it not famous] that time.

BTW what's the price for a roll of 3M double-sided tape??? I'm using Nippon now, only Rs. 50 for a roll.

napster

Suspended
my neighbour got his chrome lips sticked on his amby, thats for sure, 3m or not im not sure , i just used 3m to give an idea of how they stick it, they might have used some solution or something like that,
3m costs you around 75rs per roll.

I would not suggest a chrome lip mod ...i have seen my car rims(Premiers) rust because of the chrome lips. They are fancy & good looking but you might detoriate your rims strength due to rust

Re: Silver-Lipped Stock Rims

Guys, I own a maruti alto. I want to paint my stock steel rims black and want to get chrome rings for the same. I live in Chennai. Can anybody tell me how much it will cost and where i can get those chrome rings ? FYI, Rim size is 12 inch.

Re: Silver-Lipped Stock Rims

Guys, I own a maruti alto. I want to paint my stock steel rims black and want to get chrome rings for the same. I live in Chennai. Can anybody tell me how much it will cost and where i can get those chrome rings ? FYI, Rim size is 12 inch.

Go to Putupet or GP road, you can get some idea there[:)]

This one is not as exciting as the previous DIY.

Material required:
One can aerosol paint: Rs. 150. [Matt Black better than Glossy black. Those who want wacky looks can use florescent/flashy shades/chrome [lol]]
One roll masking tape: Rs. 20.

Will be over in 2 hours if you take off the wheels, 1 hour if painted with wheels on car.

Nippon Pylox
Hi, nice neat work.

Could you provide me details of which black did you buy? And where did you source it from?

Ebay lists original black & muffler black @ Rs310/-. [frustration]

I suppose what you bought is matt black, correct me if wrong, and that too @ half the price [surprise].

Thread Starter #27

deville_56

Honoured Member
Hi, nice neat work.

Could you provide me details of which black did you buy? And where did you source it from?

Ebay lists original black & muffler black @ Rs310/-. [frustration]

I suppose what you bought is matt black, correct me if wrong, and that too @ half the price [surprise].
I used matt black. Muffler black will be fine. Even Nippon cost 300 now.

Top Bottom