Silly Comments / Excuses by Auto Dealers

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
After reading so many posts around on the forum about silly comments/response by automobile dealers, I believe it the right time we should have a dedicated thread on same. If you ask mine, go through any of these following threads and you’ll definitely find one for sure!

Drive Safe,
350Z

The same old thingy -

Recently went with Aditya to TD the Ritz. Asked him the waiting period of Ritx Zxi. He told me to opt for VXi. I said i needed Airbags & ABS.

He went like, "Sir, these are needed only in highways at speeds over 100kmph".

I asked, "have you seen the puny tyres of VXi? do you think they will suffice to stop the car in a slippery condition at speeds of 40kmph?" he started giggling!!!

On the contrary, mahindra encourages you to buy the top end variant with airbags & ABS or atleast the SLE variant with ABS!

all is a game of profit margins!

You are very correct Raj! Seems like the profit margin on top end models are less for MSIL, Hyundai and FIAT. Regarding M&M, I think either dealer margin on top models are good or the dealer has monthly target on individual versions of the car.

The same old thingy -

Recently went with Aditya to TD the Ritz. Asked him the waiting period of Ritx Zxi. He told me to opt for VXi. I said i needed Airbags & ABS.
A ford dealer in Anantapur AP told my grandparents and me to go in for a Figo ZXi or EXi instead of a Titanum, and told us to go in for an Ikon if we were keen on the titanum.[frustration]

A Mahindra salesman in the same town recommended the base Logan when I recommended the DLS to my grandpa. No Power Windows, Central locking and door trims?
I had travelled in base logan taxis as well as DLSes and a DLX, and the base logan's feels really cattle-class compared to the DLS and DLSX. I was peeved.

Hey guys when discussing about silly comments/excuses,how about my Verna's dashboard complaint which got rejected by saying that it is due to heat that the dashboard paint is getting removed and getting a new dashboard by paying 20% of the cost without a properly printed bill.

Hey guys when discussing about silly comments/excuses,how about my Verna's dashboard complaint which got rejected by saying that it is due to heat that the dashboard paint is getting removed and getting a new dashboard by paying 20% of the cost without a properly printed bill.

Did it really happen!!!?? The guy is straight away asking 20% of the cost as ##What ever you call it## !!! It should be replaced at Hyundai's own cost. You should have escalated this !

I faced a small problem here in ford service.

I heard a screeching noise from rear left door. Service guy checked and said that door beeding has to be changed.(the one in B-pillar)

I paid 400 bucks and changed it. After 2 days, i got the noise again.

Later while referring online, I found that, it is a common problem in all fiestas.
Hand brake cable gives such a kind of noise. Have to go again and sort it next time. [:)]

Attachments

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
Read a funny response of a Nissan Sales Girl, who said all the Nissan cars first come up to Delhi from Chennai plant and then shipped back again to Southern India regions (Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Cochin etc)

SG: “Sir, In Southern India region, the prices are high”
Me: “But doesn’t Nissan has their own plant down in Chennai itself? So why…”
SG: “Yes, there is a plant but the cars from Chennai plant first come up to Delhi and then they are distributed across the country, like Bangalore you said. In fact, there is no showroom of Nissan in Chennai”
Me: “Okay!”

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom